Google and Samsung working on super high res 10" Nexus tablet
1. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Go Google and Samsung and give us the best tablet.
17. MeoCao (unregistered)
The biggest problem for Android 10" tablets, especially ones with high resolution, is lack of adapted apps.
With 7" that is less visible as phone apps can be used reasonably well and N7 with its strong sales with Play Store vouchers attracted developers to make apps for it.
Google obviously can't use the same strategy for 10" tablets as this may destroy the market so it's very interesting to see what they are going to do.
29. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I agree with this. I had the Xoom for a year and recently got the TF700T and the lacks that support high resolution screens in a bummer.
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea but did you not just see the other article on here that said google was crackin down on devs to make better and more adaptable apps?
33. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is too little, this will help those developers with little experience and nothing more.
To attract developers to make apps for 10" androids Google must create the market for them. This can be done by offering free vouchers like they did with N7.
35. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i think you're being a little impatient man, just give things more time...Google is not as "unaware" as you think they are
37. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't say Google is unaware, they certainly are. But what they are going to do is totally different matter.
Previously Google had the policy : make once use everywhere. But this policy has failed for tablets and works only for phones.
It looks like Google has a change of heart now but it's still unclear how far will they go.
43. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea i understand but like you said things are changing so keep lookin for the best :)
38. metoyou (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Damn just bought Infinity not long ago but then I love Infinity
49. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
50. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Go Google. But why it's Samsung. Go with Asus is better.
53. remixfa (Posts: 14148; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
because samsung is the biggest vendor, and they make their own high end parts which keeps costs in line.
Samsung also has the power of name recognition to non-geeks.
As long as the cost isnt crazy, this is a tablet to keep an eye on.
55. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, Samsung is a more well known name than Asus, so that could have a positive affect. I just can't stop thinking about the Exynos 5 though... I know it's improbable they would use it on this Nexus 10, it's just a wish I'd like to hold on to. I want to see the benchmarks.
2. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Ipad is the best tablet now....
But i would love to see the nexus tablet.
3. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
How come the pixel density is still lower for than the NEW ipad
11. cmikeh2 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
They did funky math. I did the calculations and came up with 298.89 ppi.
21. Brewski (Posts: 122; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Just out of curiosity, what formula does one use to calculate pixel density?
23. cmikeh2 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
You use Pythagorean's Theorem (a^2+b^2 = c^2) to find out the length of the diagonal and then divide by screen size. In this instance the math is:
√(2560^2 + 1600^2)/10.1
42. SkOne (Posts: 87; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Its not, mystery Samsung nexus 299ppi > new iPad 264ppi
46. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
If only they did this with sony. Imagine a 11 inch tablet with a 1080p HD Bravia Display with 300+ ppi and bravia engine. Not to mention WhiteMagic for brightness and floating touch and also a camera with an XMOR R sensor.Add a sexy design and timescape UI and you have knockout device. But you still need to optimize apps though
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
"the tablet will feature a display of 2,560x1,600 at 10.1", giving it a pixel display of 229 PPI. This would make it even higher resolution than the new iPad which has a 9.7" display at 2,048x1,536 (264 PPI). "
Can we get math check? The new tab should be higher than 229 ppi.
13. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Resolution is higher. Pixel density is lower. The way he wrote the sentence is kind of confusing.
16. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Granted, I got a PPI of about 299 in my calcuation....
Where's the math at PA???
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Shouldn't be too hard to outshine an ipad these days. Give the consumers what they want and sales will rise.
6. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And these bunch of idiots won't let this come to India.
8. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Talk about nonsense
Haha, I couldn't resist
14. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
What was so non sensible about this post? You must be one of those people who feel US is the only place in the world.
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
N7 is built for Play Store, so they will not bring N7 to where there's no Play Store I guess.
22. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Or maybe they could start with a play store here. The one which would sell devices like n7, gnex, etc
27. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
With China closing the doors for Nexus 7 (for the fear of their death of cheap cost + low quality tablets like Ainol), Google can't ignore India and other asian countries now...
7. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
They should make the tablet's screen smaller 4 more pixel density
12. freakatronic (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
The pixel density should be 299 PPI, not 229
15. nacho69 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I have every intention of buying a nexus 10, I really like my nexus 7. But My calculations give me 299ppi which is crazy for a tablet. Hopefully they have a 64GB version with micro SD expansion, LTE, good camera, and S4 pro SOC(with adreno320) to run the hi res display smoothly.
18. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Oh man.. I was hoping ASUS would be the partner for the 10".
20. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
gimme gimme 299 and im in
dont like sammy much but sure they give me plastic im down.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd take a 10 incher Nexus. i hope it's the Manta and i hope it's not overpriced. o:
26. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Never mind Sammy, Never mind Plastic. Just to tell people out there (Apple believers) that PPI is not there own place they can always be higher, Android can do more than that. Congrats team, you can do it. All the best.
28. animeware (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If this information is true I will buy this next gen tablet for sure and wait and see how it handles also...... 2560x1600 this is way higher then Blu-Ray Quality on Screen which is 1920x1080 this is prefect tablet everyone should own.....
31. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
We have gotten Apple-itis, all this talk of Retina Display, hold on, Apple didn't build any kind of display, they just ordered them from LG, and other IPS high density LCD manufacturers. Can we just get a high quality Tablet, with an excellent no compromise LCD screen, with a smooth as butter Android running the show, 32GB of storage, 2GB of RAM and using the Exynos please, thank you very much.
32. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1379; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
don't really care about a rear camera all those specs make it the perfect tablet already , it would be nice if they add a 3G module like in the tab 2 10.1
34. Cabessius (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Nexus 10 is exactly what I´m waiting for. But please, give me the option to pay 20 extra bucks for a micro sd slot.
45. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
'do it'- lol. anyway, A tablet with bravia engine and 300ppi would be awesome.
40. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow if a nexus 10" tablet will be release it will be a dream come true to android folks!!
android's tablet market is still tailing behind apple's iPad! i really dont know why...
i like the interface of the android UI not the customize one!
i wish it will be true!!! and should be price lower than iPad!
like microsoft will do (i think)!!! it is price lower than iPad and rumored to be at $399 for the 32GB version and this W8 RT tablet will be selling hot to students and young profs coz of the microsoft ecosystem!!!
i hope nexus 10" the best!!
41. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
just my thought... isn't it kinda unfair to other android tablet? that a lot of nexuses/nexi will be release by samsung?
the nexus s. galaxy nexus, the rumored nexus 2 and now this?
wouldn't it be great to have a sony, Motorola, Asus, Acer or even HTC tablet?
i mean even samsung has great tech but there's a lot of new tech out there!! like the new sharp display! it is awesome tech! at least a great comparison to AMOLED of samsung!
44. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
A Tablet with an SAMOLED screen and approx 300 ppi ! Take my Money
48. JKING_25 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I hope they destroy the iPad 3, but my money is reserved for the Microsoft Surface.
51. boss_king (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
I see this being a real big hit google is smart knowing the GALAXY brand is selling like hot cakes (Note 10.1) may have all its features combined to make a pure Android tablet device with better hardware, better Screen, im rooting for this bad boy.
54. MartyK (Posts: 726; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Well, the real math is this:
Hold off on buy the Galaxy Note 10.1 and wait for this table, or buy the Note 10.1 in hope to sell it later....hahahahah
56. Nafiz (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
hmm,, 2013,,, Im waiting November-December to buy a tablet -___-
you come early 2013.. ohh my my,,, it'll be looooooooooong if I'm waiting it !!!!!