Google Now makes sure you don't miss your exit
Tapping the screen turns the feature on, while a second tap disables it. It's another useful feature offered by Android's virtual personal assistant. The screen shot of the feature which accompanies this article, was taken in the Netherlands.
Interestingly, for this feature, Google Now does not seem to tie into the alarm function of an Android phone. But what it does do is make sure that you are up and alert and ready to exit the bus or train at the right stop. Otherwise, it could be a long night as you retrace all of those extra exits you slept through.
4. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Google now is like my mum lol. Jokes aside i really like how it gives me what I want. Has anyone come across the walking card? It gives you the average time you have walked for two months.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6920; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I personally love how when I searched for this year's Father's Day date, Google Now, on my desktop browser no less, asked if I wanted to be reminded when Father's Day actually comes up. Of course I said yes.
15. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
That's nice! But it's approximate data.
22. Scott93274 (Posts: 830; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I hated that card. It only said I walked a couple miles and made me feel lazier than I already know I am... lol, I walk A LOT at work, but I can't have my phone on me when at the work site so.... Oh well...
3. aditya.k (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
The on-screen buttons and notification bar blend in with Google Now? New thing or I didn't notice it before?
5. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
You have been asleep since November 2013
17. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Hey, he/she doesnt know. Quit bullying.
In Google Now Launcher, that is possible. Meanwhile if you're using 3rd party launchers like Nova or APEX, you cant get that effect. Basic requirement is Kitkat of course.
24. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 686; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Actually Nova does support immersive mode for a while now :)
19. aditya.k (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Its not like that on my Venue 7 tab. That's why I asked! No need to get all rude.
6. wilsong17 (Posts: 865; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Sweet mother of God thank Google very handy
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The smarter the phones are, the dumber people will be.
12. wilsong17 (Posts: 865; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
this is not for dumb people is for lazy people like
example; i travel to ny in bus cuz 14 toll plus gas in my car is not worthy with 3 bucks for bus and 2.75 for train i can get around ny pretty easy... beside parking in manhattan is a hassle,, now when i come back to ny i dont have to worry about missing my stop i can sleep beside rush hours traffic suck
25. wax33 (Posts: 45; Member since: 06 Apr 2014)
In another time a wristwatch with an alarm function would've been enough. And before that asking someone to wake up. So yea, I'd say the trend is towards smarter phones and dumber humans. Pretty soon the phones will be reminding us to eat and drink. :P
28. hurrycanger (Posts: 1059; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Reminding to eat? Not in Murica, baby.
9. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 686; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Weird thing is, the picture shows destinations in the netherlands (Den Haag = The Hague) and Google now hardly works in Dutch :)
10. arenanew (Posts: 174; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
this is crap drain ur bateery . better advice throw all google service from mobile
11. Sniggly (Posts: 6920; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh yeah? And do you have proof that google services drain your battery inordinately?
16. tedkord (Posts: 4633; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Absolutely he does, just like religious zealots have proof of God.
21. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Awe buttercup, don't worry I am sure this will get copied an put on your system of choice.
Then it'll be all that to you too, I might suggest staying away from the leading OS articles, then you won't feel jelly about how much you can't do on yours.
Might want to hook up with a spell check on yours in the mean time though, either that or stay in school.
Like how did it not cap the the first word is beyond me, or extra space the period, lol.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6369; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is great news! I always fall asleep on the metro. Hopefully this update will com out soon.
26. JDeus01 (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2013)
well, as google now only gives me the weather (min/max only btw) and 3 shops near my job, this is yet another feature i wont see working
27. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Like everybody said, Google is awesome. If it wasn't for Google, this would be called iPhone arena.