First ad for the Nokia Lumia 930 is released
The roadtrippers will be happy that their Lumia 930 came along for the ride, when they use Windows Phone 8.1 to find restaurants in an unfamiliar area. And of course, the Nokia Lumia 930 can be used for turn-by-turn navigation, so that our travelers don't get lost when they are motoring across a country's highways.
With summer upon us, and school out for the season, now is certainly the time of the year when roadtrips are prevalent. To see how the Nokia Lumia 930 comes in handy when you're out and about, click on the video below to see a new 90 second ad for the Windows Phone 8.1 powered handset, which has been called the Nokia Lumia Icon (a Verizon exclusive) for the rest of the world.
source: Nokia via WPCentral
1. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 850; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Is this phone out yet globally??? It was announced in April, its now July, still haven't seen much of it.
11. the_best (Posts: 137; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
We get it in stores july 10th here in sweden.
i dont think its coming to the US.
14. Canaan (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 May 2014)
Actually, the carrier Verizon has had it for months; it's known as Nokia Lumia Icon here in the states.
17. Liveitup (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
That ad is nice but it think this one is much better.
6. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Today's life taking pictures is daily basis. Its a main thing in our life to captures our every movements, so thats why they r showing mainly taking pictures.
And Nokia have mentioned in their one event about this.
7. wilsong17 (Posts: 1094; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
How did you came up with this conclusion?
24. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
OMG, taking pictures and posting on facebook to get likes and bother others. That must be your thing. Frankly me and most people use smartphones for web browsing and use apps (burnn). And that was a meh and yawn-worthy ad honestly.
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
I normally didnot aggrred with ur other comments but about posting pictures. You have all my votes.
8. Penny (Posts: 1265; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I agree, they didn't really do a great job of demonstrating their point in this ad...
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
As I've always said... WP marketing is horrifying.. That, seriously, is WP's only problem...
19. cc3493 (Posts: 155; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I wouldn't say it is its only problem [no operating system is perfect] but it would be one of the largest problems that faces windows phone.
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, of course no OS is perfect... Within reason I believe that Marketing is WP's biggest issue... Maybe that reads more realistically...
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The L925 is the sexiest and beautiful slick stylish looking phone. Then comes this and L830 by Microsoft Nokia phone
20. cc3493 (Posts: 155; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The supposed L830 looks terrible :\ which they tried playing around with the 925 design more than mixing it with the 1020...
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I would love to see Cyan version.... Please bring it quick in stores....I'm waiting
It's a last phone from Nokia. I love to own it.
15. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Seriously hesitating between the 930 and the G3
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I like them both.
Tough decision to make. 930 is let down by the WP8 platform. That no one likes. Or else a superb looking and feeling phone by Nokia.
18. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Frankly, I quite like WP8.1, the only downside for me, which is a big one, is the lack of apps. Aside from that, I find WP to be an enjoyable OS, fluid and good looking.
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
whcih apps tourch light apps, or Barby Dress apps from android :\.
because the keys apps are already available
32. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wow now this is a new tackle line from wp fans about the app store crisis. There are a lot of apps still missing, you just can't deny it, and games are just just nowhere near android and ios titles. Also the low quality of apps on wp store is not hidden DON'T LIE. BE HONEST.
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Oh! this thing known as apps quanity is nothing but personal perfrences. you might be app geek i am not. For me wp have enough to keep me happy. On the other hand my profesion is android development. and its not big deal for me. and most of those in wp that "this" app is not there and state like "OMG i am gonna die if i dont get it". most guys who buy it knows it all so its not unfair. you can keep saying that all you want
34. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
There are a few apps that I'm regularly using on Android, some of them games, which are not on WP (recently had a 630 for a couple of weeks). Now nothing worth "dying" over, but it's definitely in the balance when looking for a new phone.
28. adwienc (Posts: 135; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Only downside of 930 is battery life, IMHO better choice than G3, I just don't like this phone it's ugly as hell for me and much too big, and design of 930 is just too sexy. Both OS are good, but I prefer WP, especially LG UI is too clattered for me, WP is beautifully designed.
35. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I was just wondering about battery life, as I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere... I take from all the reviews I've read that the Icon does have decent battery life, so I'm surprised that the 930 doesn't...
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
If i were you, I would've got the 930 or some other android flagship... But not G3.
36. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Yes I'm leaning toward the 930 right now. The thing that bothers me is it really looks thick and heavy compared to other flagships.
29. alumoyo (Posts: 237; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
So let me get this straight - In a market where "waterproof" and "IP67" are becoming buzz words, Nokia's ad for their NON WATERPROOF fone is centred around an outing to the lake???