Facebook native Android app now live and twice as fast
2. The_Innovation (Posts: 578; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
There is one feature lacking that I don't quite understand why? It's not possible to save/download a picture in the Android version of Facebook. Simple enough feature but it's not there. Why do we have to capture a screenshot? It's silly.
3. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Same here! I get so frustrated when I can't download a good meme or something lol. The screenshot is a good idea. Big difference in speed, though. It was so bad I had to use the browser..
5. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
On my Razr, I just open up the pic, then press the menu key, press the share button and then send a txt to myself with the pic...and it is now saved to my phone. You can also share it back to facebook and whatever other sharing option you have.
15. The_Innovation (Posts: 578; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yea I've done that as well, you can even save it as your friends contact picture and etc, but my question is, why? Why go through that just to save a picture. Should just have a save button. I'm positive it's not that tough to add.
20. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
If you are having issues with saving pictures, 3rd party apps are there. I prefer, HaxSync (in case you don't mind paying 1$). Keeps refreshing it without the need for me to download it.
22. The_Innovation (Posts: 578; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yea I know there are solutions, trust. I just don't get why the feature isn't there to begin with on Facebook.
4. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Just updated the app. It is a lot faster at loading up pics and the scrolling is super smooth. Good job to the dev at Facebook.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i can confirm that this is a lot faster on my Razr MAXX HD. o:
8. Stuntman (Posts: 820; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
It doesn't suck on my phone. Going to try it on my tablet later.
It does break Pulse's integration with FB. Workaround is just to use the general app share and pick the FB app. The direct share to FB no longer works.
18. Stuntman (Posts: 820; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Still sucks on my tablet. I have a Transformer with a keyboard dock, so I always use it in landscape mode. It looks horrible. FB needs to force their staff to use Android tablets in landscape.
9. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Even on my HTC Thunderbolt, a dinosaur in the tech world, this update works to make the app much more fluid and usable. I'm quite happy with it. It isn't perfect yet, but it definitely shows that Facebook is working in the right direction and that future updates should, assuming they continue working along the same lines, make things even better.
10. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Yeah, they seem to have finally made the Facebook app for Android a quality app. Kudos to them for making their staff use it so they can see the crappy job they did on it up until now.
11. Cesar (Posts: 137; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
It was running very well on my S III even smothy and now i update today and is faster but it is LAGGY!! even with Jelly Bean! Need to improve that and faster :/
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1685; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Still doesn't update the status's in the widget on my EVO LTE :(
13. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
now, its laggy when you scroll it, with my s3 . i did clear cache reinstall. restart my phone :-(
14. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Definitely a huge improvement. Scrolling is smoother, the app loads faster. Great job to the developers on this update. Works like a dream on my Galaxy Nexus.
16. scsa852k (Posts: 321; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Thoroughly impressed with the update.
Very impressed with the make over they made on messaging as well.
21. omacmagic (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Finally, will try on my new nexus 4 that I got yesterday :)
23. acier92 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
I love the update, it's really good. But I have this one grouse that the little strip on the top that houses "Status, Photo, Check In" isn't always available. You need to scroll up fast or explicitly hit on "News Feed" to get it back. But, that's just a bit of nitpicking, really.
24. andynaija (Posts: 537; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Wow just when it's updated is the same time I lose my phone :/