Eric Schmidt: Google plans Nexus tablet launch within 6 months, in time for Google I/O
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
please drop a tegra 3 and 2Gb of ram in that thing, a 720p gorilla glass display would have me placing an instant preorder.
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
if we are lucky since its a tablet a 1080p gorilla glass display with 2gb of ram and hopefully it'll be samsung so we can have a quadcore exynos in that beast with 2 gb of ram 32 or possibly 64gb of internal storage :D
12. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Exynos may not be ready in time though. And it may be even more high def than 1080p considering Apple is trying to get resolution as close to "retina display" as possible.
18. RamyAbdelbadea (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
Don't forget the super amoled plus Display ;)
8. samda (Posts: 52; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
..only swap that tegra with a snapdragon four cores running at 2.5 ghz. ;)
10. cheetah2k (Posts: 1177; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Want 8.9" and Quad Core Exynos pretty please!!
17. Commentator (Posts: 3019; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Most 10 inch screens are 720p anyways so I'd hope for at least 1080p.
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Just please... PLEASE!!! Whatever you do, come out with the WiFi only version first! By starting with the most expensive 3G model and adding an $800 price tag to it, Motorola killed the Xoom in its crib! Who would consider an $800 tablet by Motorola, when Apple makes tables for $300 less? Draw them in with the intro model first and when you get em' in the door, up sale em' to that high model. Please don't let history repeat itself!
3. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
If it's anything like my Galaxy Nexus I am so ready. I just hope they have Samsung do the hardware again. You can't beat a samsung screen.
14. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Dude, I'm with you. It's about time Google started setting the standard as far as what their tabs should look and perform like. I think we are finally going to get one that can compete with the iPad. I just hope Google takes advantage of this and does some mass marketing.
5. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
"in the next six months we plan to market a tablet of the highest quality"
I hope we don't have to wait more then six months. I'm curious about a pure google ICS tablet.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Launch the Exynos Quad core with 2 gigs of ram in the tablet. Make me want it baby!!!! :) lol
7. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Maybe you can contact google throught that. If you really want this. I haven't tested this yet. Keep in mind that proposals such as these are always a bit difficult to handle, so be patient and persistent :)
13. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Someone really hates you. I have noticed over the past few weeks you always get a thumbs down. I'm gonna counter it with a thumbs up though ;).
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Lol yea there are a few peeps that thumb down anything I say
. That's how I know I'm doing good. ;)
24. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 462; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
not going to lie sometimes i just want to thumbs up whatever you said just because you said it...
9. jove39 (Posts: 1518; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...I wish they power nexus tab with intel's ulv i5...and battery life at least10 hrs :)
11. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It won't be six months so don't hold your breathe. I would be really surprised to learn the manufacturer given the HP Tablet fiasco.
19. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Do we really need more Android tablets? There's too many and they barely carry any market share as is..
I'm not saying they're bad, because the Galaxy Tab 10.1 kicks ass
23. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 462; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
As much as i agree... (too many cheap knockoff tablets using fake versions of Android...)
the Nexus is supposed to be the standard. :) showing people the best of what they can expect!
there are a bunch of amazing tablets out there. i love anything Asus. and asus + google = instant cult for me to join
but that's besides the point.. This is a chance for Google to show how its done.
20. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
And of course google is not copying Apple's successful releases :)
21. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
transformer prime can be put on hold after this annoucement
22. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 462; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
ASUS or HTC plz. even LG... por LG hasn't had a chance to get in on the Nexus action... not that i don't like samsung but it wasn't really fair that they got the nexus twice in a row..
25. downphoenix (Posts: 2808; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Motorola will be up next I bet. Hope not, their tabs aren't as good as Asus and Samsung. As far as HTC, I would go Moto over them, their phone success hasn't translated to tablets. As far as LG, have they even made any tabs yet?
26. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
I personally like how public opinion has reduced the occurrences of politicians/businessmen from bashing people in their graves.
Sorta like the way Alexander Hamilton was when he died early.