Did you know: the battery in this $100 phone is twice as large as the one in the iPhone 6s
2. twens (Posts: 964; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I think you already know the answer to your question.
4. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
i remember an article posted on PA some months ago where a senior Apple's Exec. said that exceeding the battery size will exceed the price of the device.
such a joke...
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3618; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"...available in the Apple-esque silver, grey and gold colors..."
Even Silver is Apple-sque now!
26. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
ape os one joke
3. sgodsell (Posts: 3378; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Because everyone knows that Apple overpriced their iPhones by a mile. It even has a low resolution display at its price. Yet this phone is only $100 with a 1920x1080 display and a massive battery. This device clearly shows how greedy Apple truely is.
5. aesthetics (Posts: 128; Member since: 02 Oct 2014)
The iPhones resolution is enough at 4,7". The small battery is the real problem here
9. deanylev (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Nope. It's easy to tell that it's only 720p (slightly higher, I don't care). 1080p, especially at that price, would be great. And a nice big beefy battery too.
10. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
720p; redmi 3 comes with a 720p display.
As a customer yes I think iPhones are too costly to buy
But from a business point of view, why sell for lower when people;millions of them are ready to pay premium price for it? Cant blame them.
Think from both side does make sense.
35. Nabil111 (Posts: 56; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Its like one of those things that just shouldn't work but it does work really well. There should be millions of people that just say "I don't care how optimized you say it is or how revolutionary it is, the price is too damn high and the specs are too damn low" but they don't.....I just don't understand....but I can't stop watching.
18. elitewolverine (Posts: 5125; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Let me know the nearest xiamoi store is where I can buy their product, speak with a rep in person, then also do repair when I damage it and not loose the warranty. While you find me that store, ill wait.
21. justrt (Posts: 376; Member since: 10 Jul 2014)
Yeah. I understand lots of people buy iPhones because of the brand name and its recognition and Apple is ok to put a really high price tag, but what is their excuse not to put a big battery on their $700 phones.
27. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
well most sad from it is that ppl will buy it.. so ppl are so stupid..
11. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
In the name of thinness apple sacrifice too much. Small battery to now 3.5mm jack (waterproofing can be another reason for than but then again Sony comes to mind)
With such a low capacity battery iOS fairly does plays very efficient (but still not enough) but if they change their mind (by sacrificing thinness) and put a better capacity battery then it'll be absolutely great .
25. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
bcis it is marketing.. all tbeze sites are own by ape..
6. Arte9000 (banned) (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Jan 2016)
Apple is a worse company than the Rothschilds themselves, it a greedy monstor who idolzes steve "off to hell" jobs who fought and was killed with cancer while fighting a failure battle with android!!!!!! Android4Life
31. miket1737 (Posts: 2383; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
dat banhammer bruh, enjoy that tasty L you have received.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 20142; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Over the course of 3 days, he got banned 3 times lol.
It's like dude, get a clue, PA doesn't want you on their site...get lost.
12. dimas (Posts: 1979; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
I'd be happy if xiaomi can create an xperia compact competitor and distribute it with ease to the world. A 4.6" redmi3 can be a starting point.
15. Jimrod (Posts: 1100; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Since when has phone retail price been relevant to battery size? You pay for the package and the pro's and cons of that. If you want a cheap-ass phone with a big battery then here you go, I'm sure it'll be amazing...
17. carlemillward (unregistered)
Did you know Sony Ericsson Satio was the first 12MP camera phone in 2009?
19. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 450; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
I'll get my mom one of these soon. SD616 will eat through that battery in no time. It'll get average to above average battery life, all things considered
22. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
It will get you 2-3 days of battery life easily.
23. JMartin22 (Posts: 1954; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
With Apple, you're not paying for the best hardware on a specification sheet, but you're paying for hardware that's very well optimized for its software, usually. And you're also paying the rich ecosystems of services access.
That's something these Chinese phones, that put almost no R&D into their product, mass marketing, or quality control, can boast about.
24. hemedans (Posts: 477; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Agree with you on many things except R&D,
Aplle spend less money on Research compare to how big/rich it is. They spend more money on marketing compare to research.
28. AlikMalix (Posts: 5244; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Apple spends less if you're referring to percentage per capital owned wise, but dollar to dollar it's nearly the same as Google.
29. AlikMalix (Posts: 5244; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I forgot one thing, when did any of these manufactures build their own OS, supported their own ecosystem, and provided free face to face assistance? And all without subsidizing the cost of the device with bloatware or pushing advertising by blocking your ability to remove ads. Android is a susten to monetize on advertising - you're still paying a lot for it. Don't be angry that people prefer to be a customer not the product.
30. RoboticEngi (Posts: 607; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Thank God apple gave you guys the ad blocker. Now the rest of us 90% of smartphone users will drown in ads.............or not. Go ahead and pay a s**t load of money for low tech s**t products, who cares. BTW how come they sue their customers, when they want the iphone repaired under warranty? Why do they give free jumpers to their customers, when they should give them a new product that has a none defect antenna? They have gotten into your mind if you think that apple does what they because of you and your fellow ios users......you are just sheep they can keep on milking for more money every single year......
33. Jimrod (Posts: 1100; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Seem to be far more Samsung users here than iPhone users, bit of an angry herd mentality too... When Apple were small nerds loved them, now they're big nerds hate them. It's just always going to be the way with such things, people like to feel special and more intelligent however they can.
34. mike2959 (Posts: 519; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
These Chinese MAH are seriously exaggerated. Top it off with poorly optimized software. The screen on time is 4 hours tops.
36. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
i seriously doubt that you ever used a Xiaomi phone!