Customers already lining up for iPhone 5S, obviously have no jobs, sense of time
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Hehehe...here comes the fandroid jelly posts. This is going to be good :)
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Nothing to be jealous about. They are truly just people who have no lives. It would just be hilarious if for some reason the iPhone 5S/C gets delayed.
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I've always wondered what would happen if that were to occur. Good thing for these people Apple doesn't have a sick sense of humor.
25. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
how is that even possible? why would anyone line up 14 days ahead of release? :s just go to different town and line up there 2 hours ahead of release :/
34. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
you have to wait 14 days so when you finally get it you don't notice it's just like a old iphone and think it's something magical
50. gustavoace (Posts: 177; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
And for the same phone they probably already have =[...
72. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3618; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Zombies: The Rise (Volume 5, Season 7, Episode 53.)
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Someone should go ther and troll them! :D :D :D
68. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
its new york. they would beat you up for no reason.
44. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Wrong, they have lives, but since most of them work as baristas (or bus drivers ... je je je) they have flexible schedules.
53. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
lol .... (would you like a transfer while we wait on line - for nothing [again])
55. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and people who stands in line just for a phone have no sense either.
60. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, there's no need to offend them, they just can't help it: monkey see, monkey do, monkey wanna' stand with you.
69. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
these people are obviusly hired by apple to pump up the hype.
80. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
yeah youre right but still com on who wants too stay outside for days just for a phone
20. Sauce (unregistered)
In all my years, I have seen this happen to many new releases EXCEPT a Samsung, Nokia, or any other flagship phone from a popular smartphone company. It happens to all products that people are excitingly waiting for. CoD series games, iPhones, the new Sony and Xbox console releases, etc etc. But never a flagship device from other companies that are not Apple. Sure anyone can say "brainwashed apple fans" and other insults, but that would be and is always too easy. The real answer comes about as to why Samsung and others don't generate this feeling and intensity that other companies generate within their users.
39. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Plain and simple only fanboys and resellers wait in line. Everyone else is is sensible enough to wait until a resonable time to purchase an item.
iPhones dont resell for much profit so it isnt resellers in line which only leaves the fanboys. Its not an insult its the truth no matter how you want to spin it.
74. Sauce (unregistered)
You obviously have not exploited the supply and demand that the iPhone generates days after release when they are all sold out. Many people buy the phone using their contract upgrade ($200.00 USD for new iPhone upgrade) and resell on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc for over 1000$. Don't blame your ignorance on "fanboys" and poor resell. Aside from "profitable" resell rates, Apple phones hold the best resell price throughout their entire yearly cycles over other flagships. Sensible isn't the correct term. There is more than one reason why people camp for days, and that happens to be one of them.
77. Finalflash (Posts: 2798; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Wait in line for a week for a (let's be very generous for the sake of your fanboy dignity) $400 profit (because if we imagine iPhones sell for 1100 in lala land and 700 in reality, he made only 400 on top of whatever he would make anyway). This could not possibly have been made in a week because no one working at McDonalds makes that in about 4 days so of course its the best and only option.
On a serious note, the only reason people waited for games consoles was because the last generation released in 4-6 consoles per store. And those who wait in line for COD are usually 14 year olds. People lining up for days for an iPhones now usually have either the IQ of the latter or are advertising an app or whatever.
47. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
It is simple, because they are paid by apple. It is some sort of advertisement.
63. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
I just pre-ordered the Note 3 on Verizon. When it gets here it gets here. I'm not going to sleep on the street for a phone. I have better sense than that.
102. eharris560 (Posts: 78; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
It's not cause other companies can't generate the same feeling and intensity from their customers. It perfect storm of the product supply, and some people just being crazy that generates this behavior. I'll use retro Jordan's to support my theory, because the demand for his sneakers is basically the same. When Jordan was at the height of his playing days. People didn't line up outside of a store for days to buy his sneakers. They knew the sneakers would be available in many stores, and they were not crazy. Now Nike releases the same sneakers an you have people lined up in front of a store for two days to get them. Why? Nike limits the supply and stores they are sold in, and these kids/adult are crazy.
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
There is nothing to be jealous. ;)
43. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
indeed they have no (Steve) jobs in their life, so they have to buy new iphones to worship their idol more efficiently.
54. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
what these people really want is a galaxy
75. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
We're not jelous of being a bunch of clueless zombies :) We're glad we still prefer having sex, prefer having a walk in the park in a sunny day or watch the Star Wars trilogy in spanish
87. mattmasi303 (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Oh im so jealous of of a phone that has been the same for 3 generations and still has a 4inch screen and mite be just getting a HD screen? ohh im so jealous of your 2011 tech... jesus what would we do without apple?
100. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
I fully expect some of these automatons to camp out there for the full two weeks...
3. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I always wonder about people who do this sort of crap, honestly if you were getting paid for it I would understand but you're standing in line waiting to spend money? People always make you wonder.
4. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I've never understood the point of waiting in line for products that will be readily available to buy only a few days or weeks later. Is having it first really worth it to you? Do these companies give the first few out for free or something?
28. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
People in the Chicago area waited in line for days at new Chic-fil-a stores because the first 100 people got free meals for a year. Might be worth waiting in line for that.
38. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
That, I would definitely wait in line for. I'd wait in line for weeks if Chipotle did the same thing. A man can dream :/
48. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I did the same thing at a buffalo wild wings. Free wings once a week for a year.
I'd go to a midnight release of something but I'd never wait in line for something I can buy online at the same time.
5. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Michael, you're my hero. That was the classiest bit of snark I've read lately.
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I'd rather just preorder. I wouldn't mind having to wait the extra hours waiting for delivery than being around bad B.O.
7. tedkord (Posts: 10705; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
One correction, Michael. Even if there were a slight chance that Apple was going to release the iPhone immediately after the September 10th event, it still wouldn't make sense to line up for a device you can have delivered to your door.
8. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
That's redonculous,haha waiting on a phone that is just the same basic hardware as last years,these poor fools only buy iPhones because they see others with it quite frankly androids OS is more potent than this atleast google knows how to build a firm OS
73. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
I'm saying that atleast google makes a noticeable update look at ICS 4.0 when it was updated to JellyBean 4.1-4.2 it was a very notable change iOS remains the same,yes maybe iOS 7 will change that but It will just be a minor change nothing mind blowing,I'm just saying they have to change it up a bit
10. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Edward Snowden leaks: Apple pay members of the public to camp out there stores to try to boost sales!!
Ps Lumia 1520 is coming soon!!
95. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
rest assured that unity/madfinger is w/ wp8!!! when it will be the right time when a company offers all types of os, lag free(apple) customizable(android) and and a ms office in your very own hand??? haha!
12. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I think most of these people honestly could afford to stay out there...they probably live in the city already ..they are probably douchebags though who dont appreciate hard work
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
This is nothing against apple before I get called a Fanboy of Samsung Nokia google etc etc... I just think these people who wait in lines weeks In advance for a phone or anything are sad, pathetic and need to get a life. If anyone thinks wasteing weeks waiting in a line is normal than they need there heads checked ASAP cause that's worrying.. Nothing wrong with waiting for midnight launch for a day but weeks is just excessive..When you see things like this you just think Wtf it's just a device.
56. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
those people don't care let them camp out at night in the cold while standing in the cold at night. I think waiting in line just for a phone is just plain nonsense.
15. ZeroCide (Posts: 770; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Customers already lining up for iPhone 5S, obviously have no jobs, sense of time, or lives in general.
17. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
These people either have a room tempeture IQ, or are being paid to stage this camp out.
23. kabukijoe (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
They are going to be horribly disappointed when they find out it's just another iPhone.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 20151; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You mean like a lotta people were with the s4? Incremental update...