Cancelled BlackBerry Z5-C series appears in new photographs
What has us looking at the BlackBerry Z5 after its cancellation, is a fresh series of photographs featuring the device. As you might expect, the specs of the device would not have blown you away. The phone was to be equipped with a 4.5 inch display with a 300ppi pixel density. Under the hood you would have found a dual-core 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 S4 processor with 1.5GB of RAM inside. 8GB of native storage was to be on board. The back and front-facing cameras were to weigh in at 5MP and 1.3MP respectively, and the device was going to be powered by a 2100mAh battery.
It's all water under the bridge anyway, since the device will never see the light of day. Still it is interesting to see what might have been. Keep in mind that this handset was designed during the Thorsten Heins era.
Cancelled BlackBerry Z5
source: Techrum (ranslated) via Crackberry
4. Jinto (Posts: 325; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
That battery looks big but i dont get how it is only 2100 mah,
anyways, this would make a fine phone if someone managed to put a custom android rom on it
5. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Why buy this phone if you want android? You won't got any factory support at all, and might have a glitch version of android for unsupported device. Moto G would be A LOT better phone than this phone.
7. Jinto (Posts: 325; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
If someone bought this (assuming if it was ever released) but didn't like bb10, the phone would make an okay android with a custom rom
roms like cyanogenmod are supported a lot longer than the factory makers, my original kindle fire has android 4.4.3 thanks to CM, and they have added awesome features
10. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
1. If you go to CM download link or any custom rom you will notice that popular phone got BETTER support. because this is bb and WILL NOT BE POPULAR, the support (quality) of the rom will be poor.
2. because this phone originally is NOT android, the support might be poor. some hardware support might be lost.
2. j_scorp (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I thought this was released 5 years ago. lol
6. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
5 years ago bb still drunk. the dynamic duo of bb still think they were the king of the hill.
8. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 107; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Ummm sorry blackberry go back to the drawing board with this one