Blast from the past: 10 amazing Apple designs that never were
Even today, this wouldn't look half bad!
10 amazing Apple designs that never were Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Xiaomi Mi 4: hands-on photos and official press renders
22 Jul 2014, 06:52
10 amazing Apple designs that never were
4. These kind of look like the ancestor to the EarPods in-earphones, but it turns it's actually nothing more than a power cable of some sort.
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2261; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Dat plastic. In the past everything was made out of that same plastic lol
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah, it seems like there was one way to make plastic back then haha my old computer had that plastic... good memory!!
18. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
It was an easier time, it was a simpler time. They were good times
2. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
The logo should have been bigger to gain my attention :)
3. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
More reasons to love my current laptop design.
Hate those blocky and cornery designs.
16. iMemo (Posts: 97; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Like seriously... That is just dumb trolling.
21. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That flip phone reminds me of Motorola Tac2 StarTac
Apple designs were more streamlined before, know they look kinda ugly with curvy looking
5. dorian827 (Posts: 123; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
That poo plastic almost made me vomit, yuck.
6. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Based on those CLUNKY CHUNKY designs, i'M shocked that the iPhone ever got that iGreenlight. And, talk about design stealing, that clamshell phone looks just like that Motorola Timeport clamshell Sprint sent me for free back in 2000/2001 (didn't help - service was, is and always WILL be crappy). Anyway, congrats Apple on sticking to your slim and white look.
17. stealthd (Posts: 916; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
So. . . you think Apple used a time machine to steal a design from 2000/2001 and take it back to the 80's, and then never release it?
8. Planterz (Posts: 564; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Is #4 actually headphones? Looks more like power adapter plugs or printer cables to me.
9. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
hahaha i think it is power cable i remember something like that, and the so called tablet what they mean to say is word processor hahaha it must be a younger person doing this article,
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You either didn't read the caption or your reading comprehension is abysmal.
10. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
#1 looks like a plastic Chinese clone of a Motorola RAZR.
12. kzat82 (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
None of these were really "amazing" as the title suggested.
15. steedsofwar (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
That would be Fanboyean slip on behalf of the author.
14. steedsofwar (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I think we are all glad these products never made it into production.
19. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Because apple releasing these products has such an impact on all of us? Lol
20. steedsofwar (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Nope. Because they're pretty rubbish. Period.
Nothing to do with whether it were apple or any other manufacturer. They were obviously not production material. Don't try to read too much into that buddy.