BlackBerry Z10 gets the once over on Austrian video; is this the first BlackBerry 10 TV ad?
another BlackBerry Storm type launch. So far, though, the Z10 looks like a sleek, head-turning device and we have to say that the current management team led by CEO Thorsten Heins has the company running on all cylinders.
The other video below was captured directly off the television screen, but the quality is not that bad. As any investor worth his salt knows, this is cable channel CNBC and what we are seeing is an ad for BlackBerry 10 which apparently is one of CNBC's sponsors for coverage of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. By the way, if you look at the stock prices on the bottom of the television screen, you'll see Apple on its way to closing under $500.
So we have a detailed look at the BlackBerry Z10 (albeit in German), pre-orders, and now an ad. All that is left is the launch of the actual phone.
source: nerdberry, MobileGeeks (translated) via Engadget, BerryReview
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2013, 23:46 12 2
Great stuff, very smooth and nice transition effects. BB10 is much more innovative than WP8 and deserves 3rd place.
6. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 15 Jan 2013, 23:48 2 6
Are you telling me that 20 years old icons (apple creations) is better than brand new live tile?
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:08 2 1
live tiles are wrong implementation of widgets Wendy.
the information in live tiles is scattered and difficult to managed, not customizable and incomplete.
and they are distracting too.
16. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:16 1 3
I personally think live tile is simple, and informative... However in widget, only clock widget is useful, the rest are very manual and you need to update yourself, live tile update themselves when your data is on... I own android and my friend own lumias and I can tell that...
17. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:31 0 2
if you use WP phone as a toy live tiles are fun Wendy.
18. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:34 1 2
I don't know how to communicate with you meocao... :(
22. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:53 1 1
You want to send me an email? I'm too old for such young girls like u Wendy...
lol just joking
15. abdane posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:10 1 0
this phone looks like an iPhone 5... if it sells well, apple will not hesitate to sue them...
23. Commentator posted on 16 Jan 2013, 02:02 0 0
I've used Live Tiles on my Windows 8 PC for their intended purpose exactly 0 times. They're that frustrating medium between a widget and an icon: they don't show enough information to be an effective widget, and they take up a clumsy amount of space as an icon.
24. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 16 Jan 2013, 02:06 0 2
In pc, yes it's totally frustrating coz I experienced it, but on tablet, things getting different :)
25. Commentator posted on 16 Jan 2013, 03:00 0 0
How so? My laptop has a touchscreen, so I'm able to use it as a tablet if I want to. It still doesn't change that the information displayed by the Tiles isn't usually helpful at all.
8. blackice214 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:02 1 0
lol,Blackberry looks cool but it's not for me, (19 yrs College student)
9. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:23 1 1
I understand :D
3. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 15 Jan 2013, 23:46 2 1
125gram is a huge advantages for the businessman to pick with :)
5. ckoch125 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 23:47 2 0
I like the slide up the screen to wake it up but wonder if it will have problems with being unlocked in pocket?
7. joey18 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:02 3 0
there 2. hot phones now the sony z and the blackberry z10 i will try the blackberry bcs iwas my firts phone. 6 years ago en 2 years android motorola and 4 months samsung galaxy en long time iphone 4 and 5 now i sold my iphone 5 for the blackberry z10
10. smileychix posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:39 0 0
I shoud say this is the first "smartphone" of Blackberry. XD I don't consider as smartphone the previos BB. haha
11. BattleBrat posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:39 2 0
I like it... Gonna have to get my hands on it though....
13. SleepingOz posted on 16 Jan 2013, 00:59 0 1
If I have to use another platform apart from Android, it'll be UBUNTU.
19. Commentator posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:47 0 0
AUSTRIAN, not AUSTRALIAN.
Jeeze, and you'd think the language used in the video was a dead-giveaway...
21. Alan01 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 01:51 2 0
Hope the Chamber of Commerce in austria won't be mad!
In all seriousness, thanks!