Best custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S4
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
and again where is the custom rom for HTC, LG, SONY etc?? It's all about s4, I can't find any article here in PA that can help users of other OEM's...
9. oister85 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Is true I think phonearena focuses in popular phones like Samsung and apple
10. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just check out XDA. You'll get far better feed back if you're looking for custom roms. There's no real user experience feed back from these articles anyway. Just a generalized idea of what's out there.
19. dapsta (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Because Samsungs are the easiest to flash and rom.HTC's LG motos are nightmares.
They have the most roms because it is easiest to do so.
18. barondebxl (Posts: 109; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The most overrated custom rom ever. Omega is the best.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Word of advice, there is no "best" custom ROM... Every ROM is different and it's up to what the user wants in terms of design and functionality. Look all over XDA and you'll get the exact same answer.
8. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
just like there is no best operating system?
android vs iphone vs windows?
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 14706; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said Smurf. Best is speculative, when perception based.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Where is LiquidSmooth?!
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I love LiquidSmooth! My S3 will be rocking it tomorrow. :)
4. twcobra (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Since my upgrade period just hit. Meaning if I get an S4 now it will not be rootable at this point since I am with AT@T. So for now I am in a holding pattern with My S2. Unless a new way is found to root the S4 I will not be getting one. So whats the point of a custom ROM if you cant install it. I will be checking out the Xphone or maybe the LG G2 if decide I really need all that power muahahahaha.
14. NexusX (Posts: 330; Member since: 16 May 2013)
if by best you mean laggy, unstable and full of uselss feature, i never understand why people would prefer custom roms designed by amatuers over stock roms created by hundreds of salaried professionals recruited from top-ranked engineer schools
7. vdhawwan (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
You guys forgot Wanam Lite. Also as mentioned by someone above, there is no best ROM. It is based on needs, requirements and features.
11. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
There is no such thing as "best" ROM, all of them are the best, all of them are very different and it all depends on needs, for my needs, this list isn't even close.
12. sharks (Posts: 191; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
AOSP is unfortunately not available for the S4 I9500 international version :(
20. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
i knew it! exynos is freakin crap for me because of this.got a n4 last night now every phone seems obselete to me :P
16. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
this is why i dumped my gs3
too much tweaking and maintenance just to get proper performance
with lumia its there right out of the box
i do not miss rooting and modding
21. mash77th (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I use to think there is a best rom and then I started exploring other roms which look and feel different and that is when I realized they are all pretty cool. It is based on what you are looking for. I have the SGS3 and I have several backups of different roms and they all are awesome.
Somebody asked why would you want a custom rom over a stock rom and that answer is easy. It is fun to flash roms and mods and with my experience I get more for my money. Those developers over on XDA and other places are great. They do it as a hobby but they are great people and I have made a few friends in the process. I have even learned how to do a few tricks on my own. I know most people just want to use there phone and not mess with it but I find it fun. To each there own I always say.