Apple's Siri narrates Windows 8 tablet ad
The ad, with the products surrounded with a white background, turns even more Applesque when Siri asks, "Should we just play chopsticks?" This, of course, was the sound track for the first Apple iPad mini ad that showed both the 7.9 inch slate and the 9.7 inch full-sized Apple iPad playing "Heart and Soul" using Garage Band.
At the end of the spot, we see that the 64GB Apple iPad is priced at $699 with the ASUS tablet priced at $449. It might not result in uproarious laughter as the wedding day ad, but it does show that Microsoft is willing to pull out all of the stops to promote Windows Phone and Windows 8 tablets.
By the way, if you were watching the season premiere of Master Che
source: Windows, TheVerge via AppleInsider
1. lovesamsung9x (unregistered)
wow windows is killing it with this marketing. they giving apple taste of their own medicine
3. mayax (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
did Microsoft hire Samsung marketing theme. this commercial has Samsung mind written all over it
11. AnTuTu (Posts: 1551; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Hahahah MS killed it with this ad.
Showed the true color of fruit lolz
44. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
LOL!! its awesome how siri is killing the ipad
32. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yup! They should keep playing chopsticks!
39. lyndon420 (Posts: 3254; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Chopsticks on an iPad...and Beethoven's fifth on everything else.
2. Ruckus (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Love the Windows Commercials! I hope this creates more business :-D
29. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I think business will really pick up with Haswell and quad core baytrails finally beating Arm in battery like while maintaining a huge edge in performance. Bay trail will bring in the people who want a tablet for $400-$500 but want good performance for that price since the atoms are junk compared to the i5s.
They just need to axe Windows RT though, x86 is the future since the power consumption is fixed for mobile and RT is a failure.
46. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
If the Haswell and baytrail chips have the performance/battery life ratio that we are hoping for, I will most certainly replace my RT tablet to get a Win8 one.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I love these Windows ads! Well done, Microsoft!
5. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This is probably one of my favourite ads. Siri doing the narrating is the best part XD
13. AnTuTu (Posts: 1551; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
This ad would be going for a trial hahah :p
7. Mass88 (Posts: 56; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
MS finally making good ads for their tablets. The first major push for the Surface ads were awful and did nothing to make the tablet sound appealing.
23. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
...I (emphasis) liked the Surface ads. Showed the advantage of touchscreen interaction, the new Windows UI, and the pleasant click it they make.
8. hawra (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Oh boy, Tim Cook is not gonna like this. Prepare for a third world war everybody.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Tim Cook don't like it, but Steve Ballmer likes it!
10. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Apple fanbois going to commit suicide.
24. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As long as they don't try it at the Foxconn factories.
Just kidding, suicide is no joking matter.
12. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Start screen on windows looks much better then iOS.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 17587; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nice ad, but it won't stop the iPad from continuing to be the top dog. With a new faster, better, prettier iPad launching, with an even better OS ads like this will only sell the iPad.
22. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I see an eventual changing of the guard.
15. BlueMeBritt (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I smell someone's going to be sued for this. Way to go Microsoft! :D
20. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Sued for what exactly? Coke and Pepsi have been showing each other's products on their respective "taste test" commercials for years. I am also pretty certain that Microsoft has teams of lawyers that review their content before it gets released to the public...
49. BlueMeBritt (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 May 2013)
From what I know it's not legal to show someone's brand for any comparison. Especially when it's going to be showed to the public. It will give a bad impression on the image of the product that the other brand compared and said that their products are much better. This will result to lawsuits and eventually be brought to the courts.
28. willard12 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Apple will never sue the company that saved them from bankruptcy.
19. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
"Less Talking. More Doing"------nice one MSFT! LOVE it much!
21. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
It was always said that one major weakness in Microsoft and its strategy is advertising even though they put millions into it. It looks like whoever their creative advertising director is now, they have got the right kind of ideas to start a conversation. I have seen a wealth of strong Microsoft related ads for many products. Keep them coming.
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HAHA These commercials remind me from the old times when every commercial was about bashing the other companies! Loving these!
30. Topcat488 (Posts: 1348; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Logged "IN"... Just too say, nice commercial, i watched it twice... Gotta go now.
31. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1478; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Hilarious add really.
If you get out the part of the price comparison (Windows 8 tablets have around 30 GB free only for the user and should be compared to 32 GB tablets in price) the add is really great.
34. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
lol this doesn't change the fact that Windows 8 Tablets are still POSs.
37. Even4steven (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
But I miss all the dancing kids and what about the click?
38. FadyNabil (Posts: 39; Member since: 10 May 2013)
nice add. an x86 windows tablet with full desktop functionality is a dream that maybe comes true with haswell. let's wait and see.
40. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
hilarious. Apple watch. Do something competetive unless you want to be forgotten and became another company which is known only because it's struggling in the shadow of samsung.
41. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
WIndows apparently has become what apple once was and still would like to be.
A neat, simple and fast ui. In direct comparison iOS looks oudated and too childish.
43. Sauce (unregistered)
It's funny. Last time I checked, Apple's iPad(s) are the highest selling tablets on the market.
47. _PHug_ (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Never underestimate the buying power of the lemming.
48. GalaxyXperiaOptimusDroid (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2013)
Sue them apple! Sue them for using the voice of siri u trademarked!