Apple's "Project Azalea" might be a TSMC-run chip foundry to replace Samsung as supplier
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup but by that time there will be octa-core devices on other platforms! Ditchin sammy has been a bad move by Apple...they made a lot of bad decisions this year...and that shows in their sales figures and the bad qaultiy of 2012 product line
2. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Apple can't live without Samsung, it's all rumors !
4. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Beware TSMC. If you give up Qualcomm and Nvidia for apple, you are gonna be in a huge trouble. And two days later apple will say that they will produce their chips themselves.
5. redmd (Posts: 911; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
this could happen. and they will then sue tsmc lol
6. sprockkets (Posts: 1365; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
So is apple going to like use the factory then for 2 weeks in February then close it the rest of the year? :)
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well they are planning to be supplying chips to samsung from 2020 onwards ... essentially copying samsung business model as that's the one that will succeed :D
9. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Good news for Americans all in all. With samsung or without samsung, the one who wins will be americans. I am not american or Apple fan, but lately, I am seeing few good moves by Tim Cook. Something, that a humble man can take, which steve jobs wasn't. Am glad Apple is finally making few right moves.
11. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Tim Cook just may bring Apple back to being an admirable company. Well done.