Apple's A5X processor for the next iPhone in testing, new iPod touch to get a major overhaul
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Apple is reportedly using an iPhone 4/4S housing to test the performance of its new A5X processor..."
I won't be surprised if they will leave old iPhone 4/4S housing for "new" iPhone 5...
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I hope it's just for testing purposes because if it isn't then the new iPhone will be another fail as the iPhone 4S is.
12. mrochester (unregistered)
Was the 4S a fail? I seem to recall it being the best selling iPhone ever!
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't know if it is the best selling iPhone ever, but what I am talking about was the specs.
For instance the iPhone 4S uninspired design, a rehash of the iPhone 4. The weak dual-core 800MHz processor. The only thing that was anything cool was Siri. (when it works)
I thought iPhone 4S sales slowed down just like the new iPad sales are slowing down?
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The weak dual-core 800MHz processor?? even your pal remix will agree that browsing is easier on the ip4s
25. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
easier how? the tiny screen or the lack of options in the browser?
is the i4s fluid? yes it is. Does it need that power? no not really. its turned down to save juice because the OS does not benefit from dual core like android does. The only real benefit of the new chip for iOS was the bigger GPU that got attached for gaming. The rest was just so it didnt seem like it was behind the trends.
Sorry, but ill take the larger screen and flash over a little extra UI smoothness.
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Damn remixfa you beat me to it. If it wasn't so busy today at work I would have said the same things to gallitoking!
It's a pleasure to give you a +1. You really took the words right out of my mouth! lol
30. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well then +1 to you, for +1 me. lolz.
i wouldnt have, but the words looked so tasty i couldnt help myself!
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well I will take smoothness over lagging any day... what good is a big screen if it going to take battery and use up most processor to run it.. no thank you. my iphone works out of the box unlike your Android that you need to mess with it to make it run average... please... browsing the internet is smother on the king of phones over that overrated Amoled plastic coated piece of Samsung cr@p
35. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
funny thing. a high end android phone is smooth, and the SGS2 has better battery life than the i4s. true story.
of course its more smooth, its a mobile browser with no options. lol. if i turn everything off on my galaxy, it runs smooth as heck too!!
id rather have the options.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
please remix get the SGSII out of you rear end... ok first of all doesnt have that screen you brag about, have exynos but thats is about it... is not as smooth as it supposed to.. and you wouldnt turn off everything on your Galaxy so dont go there,,,,
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
after all of your lecture you did agree with me
"is the i4s fluid? yes it is. Does it need that power? no not really"
you say potato I say potato
37. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, u asked what was easier to websurf with.
a bigger screen and the ability to play flash make it much easier than squinting and wondering what all those unfilled boxes are for. lol
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and that is agreeing with me dont care how you spin it...
14. phonton (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Whatever it is. All APPLE products are the best sellers and everytime beats its own predecessors :P
16. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
It,s not what-ever it is, the world is full of
ILLOGICAL people who is buying this!
It's a trend fashion a show-off look i'm cool
GOod for nothing useless phone....
31. phonton (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I think all people who gave a thumbs down to my comment never realized the real intent behind it :D
26. frydaexiii (Posts: 1268; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"beats its own predecessors" is the key phrase. You can't expect the new iPhone to be a single core with a 5 megapixel camera do you? Or maybe they would do that, you'd still buy it anyway.
44. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why not Android does all the time.. their mid to low end devices.. i dont hear you complaining about that...
46. frydaexiii (Posts: 1268; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Are you stupid? You said it yourself, they're mid and low ends. At least even there it improved folds over what how the iPhone does. Just last year a low end phone would be a 600Mhz model with 512MB RAM. Now a 1GHz with 700+ RAM is counted as a low end/mid range. You don't see a company's flagship dropping in specs do you?
33. phonton (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
good to see that people are becoming logical! this is exactly what I wanted to know ^_^
20. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
best selling initial launch. the i4 had an 18 month sales window all by itself. its going to be a while before thats beat.
45. nacho69 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The 4S is a good phone but it's not the best. I own a 4S and it has it's short comings in screen size, CPU power, and celluar networking. And if the new iPhone does not have LTE and an A5X with cortex A15 CPU cores, I will make the switch to android. Here's my strict list of what I want, and come October if its missing one thing I will get the next Nexus device with Jelly bean:
-4.2" 1152X768 3:2 Retina Display @ 329ppi
-At minimum a 2500mAh battery
-LTE, DC HSPA, HSPA, UMTS, GSM, EVDO
-A5X Dual Core (Cortex A15) CPU @ 800MHZ, Power Vr SGX543MP4 Quad Core GPU, W/1GB RAM
-10MP camera, f/2.2 Aperture, 1080p recording at 60fps
-Full Siri release out of Beta including full app support API's, and settings control through Siri
23. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
With the supposed (but not guaranteed) LTE, they could call it the iPhone 4G!
4. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
an iPod touch doesnt make any sense. It's just like a WiFi-only iPhone. lol
6. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Price-wise they do. There's (I think) a $300 premium for the bits that make it a phone
42. BattleBrat (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
SCREW YOU! I'm an advid iTouch user, You see iOS is too simple for a phone, it limits it too much, makes it like an advanced feature phone. Android makes a phone a real smart phone, makes it truly computer like. But for an MP3 player, iOS is PERFECT! Which is why I like my iTouch so much, that and the iPhone 4 in a case is a friggin brick, but the iTouch is slim.
5. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
I hope they enlarge the screen to something more in line with todays upscale touch devices...(4.2" or larger would be within my fantasy range):-)
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
It's obvious the A5X will b the chip of t new iphone, they don't need to jump in the quad core Wagon specially when a dual core chip Changed things so much for them
21. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
is it going to come with the monster battery as well? lol.
15. frydaexiii (Posts: 1268; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Anything Apple should not be in the same sentence as "major overhaul"
17. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Once again apple selling OLD parts as new! lol! 3.5" screen snce 2007 is the ultimate joke tho
27. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
No u forgot it's the biggest iJoke.....
18. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
If Theres one thing That ape got right with there iOS devices it definitely was the iPod touch
43. BattleBrat (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes, the iTouch is acceptable, VERY acceptable.
19. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I'm intrigued in the new iPod Touch, I see so much potential in that device in differentiating it from a regular phone/iOS device
22. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
go for it apple. use a 2 year old dual core with an updated GPU while everyone is going to quad and beyond.
Its not like the phone NEEDS it, but if this is true then its sad.. because that means that the i5 is going to come without any major game changing things.. or at least nothing that requires a stronger processor. hmm..
28. cslack (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Am I the only one that DOESN'T want a larger screen on my iPhone? I like that it fits in my pocket nicely and that it fits my hand better than the larger screen devices I have tried.
32. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
then what you dont want is a larger PHONE. there is plenty of ways to make that screen bigger without making the phone much bigger or if at all. its called "bezel reduction".
38. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
have you used a larger screen phone for more than minutes at a time? i own both the iphone 4s and maxx ( i think its the best android phone out right now) and let me tell you even though the 4s feels more comfortable in the hand (barely) the flash and large screen makes up for the tiny screen that's on the 4s. you almost need to use two hands to scroll in and out of websites each time you browse. it's simply annoying. on the maxx you just open the website and you can clearly read the fonts without zooming and flash is playable.
39. joey18 (Posts: 569; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Sound maybe same phone only lte my iphone 4s get me boring apple needs to change interface and get bigger screen for all reason i think the next iphone will be same like 4s bcs the antenna problems dont believe apple make new phone differt specks so is not for me my new phone gs3