Apple to replace faulty iPhone chargers as a part of an exchange program
Still, Apple will replace said chargers for free and will provide the affected users with redesigned adapters. The replacements come with the A1400 model name and the "CE" letters are only outlined in gray. In order to exchange a faulty adapter for a safe one, you need to take it to an Apple Retail Store or an authorized Apple Service Provider. Your iPhone serial number will have to be verified, too.
Apple says that the A1300 has been on the shelves in Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and Vietnam.
Are you among the affected users?
source: Apple via The Verge
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2959; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Funny that just changing the colour of the text can prevent it from heating.
Ps. I'm not being serious here
9. androtaku (Posts: 186; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
fandroid world where any argument is possible
5. adecvat (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
"between October 2009 to September 2012"
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
They should just replace those faulty iPhones instead!!
8. starandmountain (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Isn't this just a marketing thingy? this seems targeted to the people who are planning to buy a new phone and therefore apple wants to keep them by 'showing' that they care about their customers
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 11953; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1472; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
You know your iphone charger is about to die when it wears a turtleneck.
12. Xion. (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 May 2014)
iPhone chargers only last three month at max, so why would I keep the one I got back in 2009/2012?
14. jroc74 (Posts: 4947; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If this is true....the distortion field really is strong. I got phone chargers from 2010 that still work.
13. wilsong17 (Posts: 972; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Not only Ifan get screwed with iPhone but also the charger. ...
15. jroc74 (Posts: 4947; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Kudos for Apple for this....but its just another chapter in Apple isnt prefect.