Apple prepares to give away $10,000 gift card for the 25 billionth App Store download
The winner of the contest will receive a $10,000 App Store gift card which can be spent only in the App Store, at iTunes or the iBook store in the country where the winner is located. So if you were dreaming of winning and using the prize to buy a variety of Apple iPhones and Apple iPads, forget it. What the winner will have is an incredible selection of apps, books, music and video on his or her Apple mobile device.
To show you how fast the App Store has been growing, during December Apple said that the store had reached 18 billion downloads. In the begining of last year, the App Store celebrated its 10 billionth download while in September 2008, just two months after the store had launched, Apple counted 100 million downloads. It certainly has been quite a ride.
source: Apple via Engadget
7. SleepingOz (unregistered)
yeah, for apple's business only! and may be the 25 billionth...
3. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Smart business strategy, will probably get several extra downloads cause of this.
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Another commercial trick to increase the amount of download, thus making even more money!
5. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
goes to apple.com(not an apple user) sees the paste of the downloads: 1000 for 1 second
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Sheeps fall for it..
8. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Aww look it's two pathetic trolls with nothing better to do
9. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
bitch please im not trolling im just suprised of the rate of the downloads
11. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Haha that's not tracking real downloads it's a graphic and why did you feel the need to add that you're not an Apple user?
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So what? UMADBRO? Obviously! But you sure know we're right! Deal with it! =]
10. jacko1977 (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
wtf that cant be right as the world froze over apple dont give stuff away
13. JasonLegend00 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Nov 2009)
Wow, out of the billions they have they can only afford $10,000?
14. ENIGMA (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
We beleive apple is losing market to android
we think that is the reason for price cut
we asked apple about it
they told us that they need to make more money
we beleive apple is in panic and scared ov android
we are not happy
we like that
15. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Apple... with a giveway... who is holding a gun to Tim Cook's head!?!? I guess this is what happens when big brother leaves
16. jim3000gt (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
10,000 buck gift card for Apps, music and books only. That will take a long time to spend. I bet the card has an expiration date.
18. jacko1977 (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
all talk i bet the guy that hits 25b mark gets nothing marketing at its best