Apple iPhone 6s overheating for some users: camera flash won't work until phone cools down
4. gaming64 (unregistered)
Did your brain also copy the 810?
153. rick_mobile (Posts: 271; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
my friend came over yesterday with his new 6s and it started getting very warm in my hand. plus, it's the same exact sh*t as the regular 6. Force touch is so f*kn retarded.
11. thegandalf (Posts: 22; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
they just copy the favorite feature of Sony Z4 , danm!
42. guest (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Intel 14nm > Samsung 14nm/TSM 16nm. Should have gone Intel!
137. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Really? All the S6 models and the Note 5 use 14NM with no issue.
I guess Apples cores are to big. Samsung use small.cores as I just learned recently on PA.
To bad because the jailbreak erst probably were ready to jailbreak ios9 and. Own they have to wait for the 9.1 peach which will throttle back the CPU.
Seems weird that the chip would get so hot at only 1.79GHZ. I would expect it at 2Ghz and above.
144. SamsungPhanboy (banned) (Posts: 765; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
Techie...I'm proud of you for making an average sized post. +1
145. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
38 degrees celcius (which is note 4 temperatures and also note 5's temperatures after a workload) is now "hot" to you? lol fanboy detected, no wait i been already known your a fanboy though
171. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Who's a fanboy? Me?
I only said that a CPU that is clocked less than 2Ghz I wouldn't expect it to overheat. I would if its clocked above.
167. Canaan (Posts: 335; Member since: 25 May 2014)
This has nothing to do with Samsung, Samsung provided the RAM and manufactured their SOC, they had no part in the camera. It's more than likely related to the camera software; it's the same on the Xperia Z3, if I use its stock camera app it overheats quickly, but if I use Google's camera app, I have no issues.
126. ogee4life (Posts: 105; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)
feature with the earlier SD 810 chip not Sony, the same problem is noticed with all phones using the earlier variants. Best you get yourself informed properly
14. Kumar123 (Posts: 740; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Still better than SD810 and Exynos processor.
A9 >>> Exynos 7420 > Snapdragon 810.
21. Kumar123 (Posts: 740; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
There is no Maybe.
A9 >>> Exynos 7420 > Snapdragon 810
82. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wow I thought I'd never say this but I finally agree with you. Wow. Let me play the lotto tonight because this is... Wow.
20. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
But A9 will compete against 8890 and 820.
7420 and 810 are available from March, whereas A9 is just released. Can't compare.
24. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Both scores combined: Exynos 7420 (6998) A9 (6388).
CPU goes to Exynos but GPU to A9. Moral of the story-you are drinking kool-aid.
32. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
A8's Single core is above 1600
you definitely fabricated those numbers
57. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Yep my bad its 2460 single core and 4312 multi core (6772). Still less than Exynos.
60. No_Sammy_No_Gimmicks (Posts: 110; Member since: 10 Jun 2015)
Stop fabricating scores here A9 single core score is 2500, which is 90% higher than Exynos (1300). Let's give Exynos benefit of the doubt and say multi core is 5100 that's mentioned by lot of users (PA got 4404) and A9 is 4423 on IPhone 6s Plus, that is only 15% higher, which can really be classified as 'close' to the score.
65. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Yeah except 7420 is pretty old by now A9 gonna compete with 820!
66. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Before you hit your head twice read the post #57 just above you.
73. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Why would you combine them ?? single and multi isnt something you sum..
Multicore score gives you the total CPU performance , thats it...
singlecore is important if you are sttill living in 2000
102. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
We have to wait for thermal throttling/performamce degradation numbers for the A9. If the a9 has less performance degradation and less thermal throttling then the exynos 7420, which loses about 35-40% from its peak performance, then it would put and make the A9 as all around superior to the exynos 7420
168. uggman (Posts: 56; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
oh men from what im reading the exynos 7420 really leave some iphone fans sore, just get over it, and, admire rather than hate.
99. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, the A9 lost to the 6 month old 7420 in multicore.
104. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
handpicking benchmark's Tedkord? i remember when you said something very similiar in the past, "a8 only won in a few handpicked benchmarks, "
a8 was over 6 months old when comparing to the exynos 7420
overall the A9 is beating the exynos 7420 in most benchmarks/more benchmarks then the exynos 7420 is beating the a9 in. also real world speed tests are showing the A9 to be faster too then the exynos 7420.
A9 beats exynos 7420 in GFXbench test, T-rex off-screen test, Google Octane test, Sunspider benchmark, Kraken test, Ice storm Unlimited test, BaseMark benchmark, and more, and also probably has less thermal throttling then the exynos 7420 too so it makes the a9 a bit superior if it truly does also have less thermal throttling.
118. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Others do it, why can't I? That's exactly my point. When the 7420 released, all we heard was that the A8 was 6 months old, so it wasn't fair to compare. Now that the A9 is out, that 6 month gap doesn't matter.
They're both good processors, and probably more than most people need.
122. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
I just had to note your slight ironicism (if thats a word lol) . but i agree with you Ted, both are great processors and in reality are both blazing fast and absolutely more then plenty for 99.9% of people. One has a slightly better cpu, other has a better GPU, both balance out a bit, both are top motch and best Socs of 2015 by far though besides A9X but that is a tablet SoC
133. sachouba (Posts: 159; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
That's called "irony", not ironicism... --'
146. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
you are right my friend. my mistake lol.
141. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
BTW, in the past I've talked about cherry picking parts of overall benchmark suites which have an overall score. Like 3dMark,the iPhone would win a couple of tests in the suite, but lose the overall score.
Multicore is the overall score for Geekbench. No irony here.
72. SnakeBoyVincentLiu (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Aug 2015)
You're just butthurt that you cannot afford to get one for yourself, overheating never been my issues as I will get another one anyway :)
Anyway, really enjoying one week trip to California :) manage to queue a pair of rose gold iPhone 6s and 6s plus, with 128GB version. As well as rose gold Apple watch with black band :)
Also these are the non-apple stuff I bought this week :)
89. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
We dont really care what you buy or got , Who cares what you got? When you die none of that comes in the grave with you my friend. Be humble
Im glad i dont have squeezed in eyes
160. Kakarot (Posts: 39; Member since: 31 Jul 2015)
Even Trunk's medicine from the future would not save me from the heart virus I got after seeing that G+ profile!!
93. 99nights (Posts: 1152; Member since: 10 Mar 2015)
You're one of the weirdest things that trolls the internet. You're gross and kind of dumb.
112. j2001m (Posts: 2941; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
If you in about me, my s6 edge plus 64gb Costs way more at £830 so try harder, iPhone are cheap junk
128. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2887; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You're certainly proof that money can't buy good taste
138. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why are you idiots always trying to drop the we can't afford one card. Most of us here are rocking an S6 or a Note 5, all which costs more than the iPhone is you don't have the base model.
The base S6 starts at 599 only on Verizon. The S6 Edge is 699. The S6 edge Plus is 768 to start. The Note 5 is 799 and more.
Not all.of us buy cheap Android. Oh and many of us are rocking the Motorola X and the Nexus 6
The Moto is half the costs of an iPhone and has some better specs and features.
In fact bruh, with the exception of the iPhone, most devices relocating a 800p display are 350 while 1080p phones are 450 or less. 1440p phones are at the iPhone price or higher.
So what are you getting for your money? Would you like me to list 50 things I can do that you can't out the box?
Android isn't about all flagship models. It's a phone for all like Windows is for all.
154. 99nights (Posts: 1152; Member since: 10 Mar 2015)
Yep iphone in aus is 1600 for the 128 6s+ and the edge is 1400 and note 1200. The 6 is still the same price as the samsungs. If anything they're overpriced at release.
142. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's too bad that money can't buy intelligence or a decent personality. Those are what you're lacking the most.
149. drifter77 (Posts: 203; Member since: 12 Jun 2015)
I clicked your profile page and now I'm blind. Why not implant both phones in your next plastic surgery endeavour?
91. Bm888 (Posts: 496; Member since: 06 Jul 2015)
from #mmsgate, #antennagate #bendgate and now #heatgate. . . lol each year sth rogue in Apple ^_^
124. zeeBomb (Posts: 2093; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
S810 be like "Thank god I'm not alone..."
140. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Glad I Didn't Buy Day One. Apple Will Surly Fix This Problem, They Always Fix Their Problems Or Replace Problem Handsets For New Ones.
157. iushnt (Posts: 1687; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Antenna gate and bend gate were not replaced nor fixed..
158. WallStreetWolf (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
You have a point with the antenna on the iPhone 4, but the bending of the iPhone 6 was not a widespread issue for the customer base. Apple replaced the early degrading iPhone 5 batteries due to a faulty batch at no cost. They have also been very helpful on laptops in the past in terms of recalls or product degradation issues.
159. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
You're Right About The Antenna And I Meant Hardware Wise, Some iPhone 6/6plus Handsets Had Messed Up Cameras And Apple Replaced Them They Also Replaced iPhone 5 Batteries That Were Faulty . Bend Gate Wasn't That Big An Issue.