Apple iPhone 6 spotted in an Italian carrier shop, could be priced higher than usual
1. Chuck007 (Posts: 813; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
iPhones are already way overpriced. Good luck with that Apple..
8. Finalflash (Posts: 2443; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It has been the trend that more and more people keep buying lower priced and lower end iPhones, now they want to divide it further. They might pull an iPad mini with this one and keep the price of the older iPhone 5s the same with the iPhone 6 starting at the tier above. Can't wait for the iPhone announcement this year, so much BS and misdirection to look forward to.
2. MrKoles (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Who already has the money will buy it anyway. Crazy!
3. magnanimus (Posts: 447; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Apple has been pushed by the competition to use materials that's would usually cost more than Apple wants (bigger higher res screen, NFC, bigger battery, better optimization). Time for consumers to pay with theirs wallets >=)
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2443; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yes, time for their loyal subjects to bend over a bit further to reach just a little deeper in their wallets. It is the Apple way, more taxes for more or less the same thing as always.
9. MrKoles (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Then why does a 5S cost almost the same as a Note 3?
18. Canaan (Posts: 282; Member since: 25 May 2014)
We'll see how true that is, remember there are rumors that Apple is keeping the resolution at 326 PPI and the RAM is also rumored to still be 1GB (I really hope that's not true).
29. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
I'm still going to upgrade my iPhone 5S to iPhone 6.
Yes, too expensive but when the day they release the price will be changed. Maybe $800 to $750 but money is ready to get this new iPhone 6.
30. Canaan (Posts: 282; Member since: 25 May 2014)
But if it turns out that the only thing they truly upgraded was the camera, screen size and NFC, I don't think it's worth paying that much for switching from a 5s to a 6.
32. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
So, what's point?
Do you think the Note 4 get impoved and upgrade too? At least in iPhone 6 get bigger screen, higher resolution and many features include like many of android phones.
33. Canaan (Posts: 282; Member since: 25 May 2014)
The rumor is that IPhone 6 will stay at 326 PPI, so despite a larger screen it'll still have the same resolution. As for the Note 4 it's getting a quad HD display so that will be a greater improvement. Though I would never get the Note 4 since I don't like Phablets.
35. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
He's just bragging about iPhone . I bet these guy doesn't have an iPhone . He doesn't even know the standard ppi of iPhone . This is the truth about the internet you can be anybody and you can have anything.
37. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
It doesn't matter for me the ppi in the iPhone. As far as I know, the iPhone 5S beats most of android flagship.
Do you want to check my iTunes account and see what's TV shows and music I downloaded in iTunes.
39. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yeah yeah . As I said no d*mb @$$ would bragged about something if he HAS it. Everybody can have iTunes account even a teener. Just wannabe .
34. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Seriously ?? A lot of upgrade ? Or a lot of catch up? And then overpricing their phone.
38. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Yes, seriously? What does Apple iPhone need to be upgrade or lot of catch up. Whatever Samsung and other android device do to there phones to add better resolution, more pixel, better camera, octa core processor, bigger RAM but all of those and most Apple iPhone 5S beats them.
What more than if Apple iPhone 6 will have 2GB RAM, bigger screen, higher Retina display and Dual Core processor ONLY compared to octa core processor and whatever they called.
40. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I don't think 5s can catch to any flagship devices of android and I mean flagships Android . Even the mid range android apple couldn't keep up. Being blind and giving out correct judgement is different . If you love your ifruit so much then be happy with it but please do not compare all smartphone to it cause you don't know the real thing.
42. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Really? Watch in YouTube and you will see yourself?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
iPhones are always overpriced anyways, so not surprised.
6. Mrmark (Posts: 211; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
$399 on contract for 5.5 16gb and $299 on contract for 4.7 16gb ... Have fun with that y'all! Galaxy Note 3 pricing with no memory expansion and less GB on board. :(
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It will be interesting to see how many take the plunge for the new iToys. Apple could end up suffering lower sales in the outlying quarters as there are fewer consumers willing to pay the Apple tax. 5S isn't that bad of an alternative to the new iToy.
Or, for the ultimate middle-fingered wave, maybe Apple discontinues the 5S like they did with the 5 once the 5S started shipping
10. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Of course it's going to be a rip-off, it is Apple after all...
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The iPhone 6 is going to be a hit in the homeless community, for sure. It is the ultimate status symbol for the homeless man or woman.
25. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Every release, you can darn well bet the farm, some of them people are going hungry to buy the latest iphone.
They'll blow their savings an months income to buy it, then lean on social services an strain the system due to stupid spending habits.
Call it what ever you want, I have saw this behavior in office workers, you know the ones that dress up everyday like their all that, but really a three dressed as a nine.
Yeah, it's a fashion an social piece that has ruined better judgement.
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
iPhone is already the most expensive smartphone in the market and now they're making it even higher? I pity those blind apple fan boys who will fall for these overrated, overpriced and overhyped devices again and again
13. xfire99 (Posts: 677; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
If iUsers really want ip6 and just let Apple rip them off. Care less if peoples are stupid enough to pay such high prices.
15. AcerStan (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
With that unjustified price the iPhone 6 will fail, at least in Europe and Russia. Europeans buy smart, not brand any more... The new iPhone won't provide neither features nor design to justify that price.
16. batista70phone (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
Post The right suore
17. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 279; Member since: 13 May 2014)
With the specs they are offering this price is nonsense! You must be crazy/stupid to buy Iphone 6 at a price like this or don't appreciate the value of money.
31. aba71983 (Posts: 784; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
People appreciate the value of money even you hard so much at work to earn money.
iPhone 6 cost EUR 950. What you can do for the iPhone?
Can you compare the Chinese Billionaire Liu Yiqian who buy the 500-year-old Chicken Cup worth of $38M. What can you do for the Small Tea Cup?
19. TruthSpeaker (unregistered)
Crumbling market share & (potentially) an increased price for its new model.
20. shahrooz (Posts: 610; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
iPhone 7: you also need to give apple a BJ after giving them 1000 EU :D :D
21. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
FYI, iphone 5S starting price (16 GB model) is around $900 in my country. This is crazy. This is how Apple steals money from its worshipper.
22. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Lol ,apple already knows that people are getting wiser, so they are taxing the small group of zombies left to make up for the gain. Of course there are some rich zombies that don't know anything about tech, especially in USA
26. Canaan (Posts: 282; Member since: 25 May 2014)
I highly doubt people are looking into specs, considering the IPhone 5s has remained the top seller the past few months.
23. QuadFace (Posts: 122; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I am so happy with my HTC, I will continue to buy Apple fruit and eat as usual, cheaper way to get Apple.
24. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
LOL this is getting nuts - by the sounds of it, a higher capacity 5.5" phablet could cross the $1000 mark??! CRAZY!
28. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
Looks like an iPhone to me. I think that's it. It looks regular.
36. cdilson (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Apr 2010)
Its really sad when an article about an Iphone is hijacked by a bunch of Iphone haters. Looks like envy in its purest form. If you dislike Iphones so much why even bother reading the articles?
41. Canaan (Posts: 282; Member since: 25 May 2014)
And according to a new article from techno buffalo, it seems more and more likely that the iPhone 6 will come with nothing more than 1GB of RAM based on the numbers listed on the A8 chip. So this purported price is really looking more ridiculous.