Apple iPhone 5 event liveblogs
1. eagerly awaiting ios 5! (unregistered)
i hope it has ice cream sandwich.
2. AreYouKiddingMe (unregistered)
4. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
hahaha ^^ Winner second, u take life too seriously, grow up
5. kshell1 (unregistered)
idc what kind of iphone it is. i hate the iphone, ios, and any apple product. slow outdated, etc. i prefer my kyocera echo android or htc evo 4g over the iphone any day
22. email@example.com (unregistered)
you also have sprint too you moron
35. Rugrat (unregistered)
Then what are you doing here moron?
7. mike (unregistered)
i hope steve jobs gets naked and danced with the new iphone
8. 32767 (unregistered)
9. unregistered (unregistered)
Yeah after the gingerbeard man loses his job!
10. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
I dont care if you hate or love Apple, you have to give them respect. No other phone gets this kind of promoting, anticipation, and no other company tries to market so much to get you so excited for it. the closest phone Ive seen so far for the amount of anticipation was the Galaxy S II. Apple's marketing is very impressive i must say.
40. rizzay (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Yea I agree on Apple's MARKETING. They no longer hold the title for best phone since Android stepped in the picture cuz Android can do whatever apple can do plus more.
12. grroos (unregistered)
13. funny man (unregistered)
Is steve willy wonka and is apple the old factory, hummm?
14. 32767 (unregistered)
17. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
iOS is now the number one mobile operating system?????? dont think so apple.....
23. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
how is that possble when android has nearly DOUBLE the world wide OS share of iOS? stupid ibot.. lol
25. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Because you have to take iPods and iPads into account also, not just the phone.
26. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Because Apple is being disingenuous as usual. They're counting ALL mobile devices using iOS, including phones, MP3 players, and tablets.
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
But it's fair to compare 50 android phones to 2 iPhones right? Stupid droidbot
36. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Because they're ALL IN THE SAME COMPETING f**kING MARKET.
How many times must this be explained to you? Phones compete against phones, but MP3 players DO NOT COMPETE AGAINST PHONES OR TABLETS.
Btw, still believe that 52 percent of Android users want to switch to the iPhone 5?
38. LionStone (Posts: 476; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
yea, the two phones is a fault of apple, just like only having it available on at&t in the beginning. Oh look, more choices are coming, and on more carriers! Brilliant!
45. cc (unregistered)
Dude, I used to think you were just dumb but now i'm starting to believe maybe you should see a doctor about having that tumor removed from your brain.
taco has to be the dumbest motherf**ker on this whole site.
29. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
that's a lie and they know it..that's why ppl hate apple
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Nope it's the truth. Sorry but not liking a FACT doesn't make it a lie.
20. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
They just announce pull down notifications like android and a bbm like service for ios! And why are they suing for patent infrigment? This is why I don't like them.
21. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Im happy its coming to sprint the enemy of my enemy.......
27. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Sprint I have had bad experiences in the past with them. I had one of the first internet phones it was a qualcomm and the service and phone was horrible and expensive.
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Tracking the live blog on Engadget...when it isn't down due to server overload, that is. *rolls eyes*
31. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
iPhone 4S confirmed, physically the same but with an A5 chip.
32. neptune.joel (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Jan 2011)
apple fail.... "Design is the same." (Iphone 4s) ... no new ipod touch...... no ipad.... FAIL
33. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
They could still announce an iPhone 5, fyi.
44. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that will be the "1 more thing".. save it for the last.
37. seadooxp (unregistered)
iPhone 4S = EPIC FAIL !!!
42. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, that was it - the iphone 4S?? The features and improvements?? Been done already...So, basically, as a captivate user it is not leaps and bounds ahead of my phone, but the processor does interest me on the 4S....so, if I get a SGSII, then that will take care of that...all other 'new' stuff on iphone 4S I laugh at...but, for the iphone users they will enjoy what Android users already have.
43. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
But...but...but...it takes pictures faster! And has notifications that don't suck! And a more understanding voice command feature!
Don't you want it?!
47. lollercaust (unregistered)
it really doesn't take pictures faster...my bionic can go from locked with screen off to a picture taken in under 1sec. custom theme with camera access on lock screen is nice.
49. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
lol, I figured they were being disingenuous again. I was being sarcastic myself.
48. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
And it will outsell every android phone. Watch the record sales on launch weekend.
55. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Taco, the sad thing is that you are probably correct. In America it is all about what is popular, cool, the latest trend. But, I could care less. My wife will get one soon, but I am happy with my Android and will go for the NOTE when it arrives. And, she will be happy with her 4S, and it will be a good fine...dual-core?? Awesome for playing games....fast UI. The other stuff, I have or do not care about.
52. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
THATS IT!?!?!?!? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Ok, Miz, Taco.. Gallito.. and Gemini. Front and center.
Now, tell me how apple is "changing the game again" and how the iphone4s is going to "dominate android and take over 1st place in market share" with great new additions like..
being able to send snail mail from the phone
and voice commands!!
53. LionStone (Posts: 476; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
LOL! Amazing! $400. for a phone that plays catch up...this changes everything...in your wallet! They sure know how to sugar coat that little thing.
54. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! They waited this long for this!!!!!! Talk about a epic fail.. Nexus Prime, vigor or Razr here I come...
56. AZ Ranger (unregistered)
i just lost my woody for the iPhones!!!!!!
57. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
3.5 inch is very small I think 4 inch wud b perfect.apple come on look like u are very behind now as compare to others products
58. lolwut (unregistered)
might wanna change the title, iPhone 5 is misleading
59. BHonest (unregistered)
Copying and pasting on Android is tedious.(plus no magnifier to clearly see past fingers). iPhone; no micro sd and everything locked in Apple/ iTunes(no saving or sharing). No Android camera can get anywhere near iPhone pixel count (incl. Galaxy S II and upcoming Nexus II Prime). iPhone; No "Back" button. must completely exit application and restart, grrrrr (speed means nothing if you have to go through tedious extra steps; as in Droid's copy/paste fiasco). Android; screen size, screen size, screen size(Duh, Apple).
60. BHonest (unregistered)
Conclusion: Will probably get iPhone 4s for wife and Nexus Prime for myself, which I'll supplement w/ my old iPhone 1st gen on wifi (it's better on certain things such as onboard stock app)
61. thekai12 (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
android fans are spamming this page for a good reason apple fan boys apple is stupid they use ideas from other companies and microsoft helped apple to start they should never have don that