Apple iPad mini 2 LCD displays to come from Samsung
Meanwhile, besides the iPad mini sequel, the same report says that Samsung will also provide Apple with LCD panels for the fifth-generation Apple iPad which will include a narrower bezel than previous models of the slate. Apple has wanted to stop using Samsung as a supplier because of the acrimonious court battles between the two rivals. But unfortunately for Apple, AU Optronics and Sharp have had problems with the quality and yield from their production line.
According to the published report, LG Display will also involved in sending Apple displays for the next iPad mini and has been increasing its supply of panels to the tech giant.
source: ETNNews via AppleInsider
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The Apple never rolls too far from the Samsung tree.
5. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Any company that has a product with a display on it, are likely from that same tree.
In modern day, you're likely to either use their displays for your product or use their products for your display.
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple uses the best "Custom made" CPU. "EXYNOS™®© A4,A5,A6,A7" E4410 E4412 E5410=A15®
Best displays= Samsung™
Hard-drive = Samsung
PvrSgx GPU+ MALI on par
Snapdragon CPU are Garbage™
Apple are $laves to Samsung™®©
21. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Apple are not a slaves, they are samsung's customers in this case...apple design stuff and leave the production to someone else...the one who buys is not the slave, apple is giving money to samsung for it and samsung is making billions from such deals...its a good thing for both the companies
if paying money to samsung for things is slavery then everyone who buys things manufactures by samsung is a slave...
people like you only want to hate...when the two companies fight against each other, you have a problem, when they work together, you have a problem?....why are you against peace?
slavery...hatred...is that all you can think of?
and you know that you are trolling, why should you do it?
just remember, both the companies are working for money,not for you...you have to be more friendly to the customers, not to the company...we will make good friends, the companies will only care of you as long as you pay them
31. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Apple PAYS samsung for the parts so i can also say samsung is "slave" of apple
33. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
A4,A5,A6 and upcoming A7 doesn't made by Samsung it's made by ARM and ARM that the co-founder it's Apple. Samsung only manufactures the parts that designed and architect by Apple.
Get your fact right before you post.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O, the love-hate relationship they have...sooo dramatic!
Modern day pride and prejudice.
4. greathero1 (Posts: 505; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
These two lovebirds are so disfunctional it's ridiculous. Either way, I cannot wait for this to be released because it's as good as bought. Hopefully they also release the Mini 2 in colors other than black and white as well.
28. joey_sfb (Posts: 3505; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung should do a promotional video on this.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 973; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wouldn't a Retina display on the iPad mini elevate the cost by quite a bit? Or is Apple planning to make it more expensive?
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 13479; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsungs not stupid, they like money too. Apple products sell.
27. blingblingthing (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Honestly. I would think about not making or charging higher rates if this really is true. Supply constraints for Apple is good for the products Samsung sells.
8. willard12 (Posts: 918; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
With all of the Samsung parts that go in to an Apple product, doesn't that partly make an Apple product a "Samsung"'product?
9. JMartin22 (Posts: 1287; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
willard, you're forgetting, Apple is the only one with the special kind of touch to make these components "magical" - therefore, Apple assumes all credibility for their conception and likes to pretend that they're better than the industry they source their parts from.
10. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Maybe it's time to show some Galaxy Tab or Note 10.1 with high resolution screen?You selling high quality displays to other and you stay with mid-range crap like Tab3!
11. vandroid (Posts: 310; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The display on the tab 3 was so disappointing I was expecting fhd
29. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. Their flagship tabs (Note 10.1 2, Tab 3) have mediocre screen resolutions.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Hahaha! Samsung is just too big to be bypassed!
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The only thing Samsung need from apple is their money.
15. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Apple is like that Ex that always comes crawling back.
19. PhoneCritic (Posts: 404; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Remember that forecast that Samsung put out that LCD and OLED displays would be tight this coming fall as the demand has exceed capacity ( Mainly from Samsung, LG, Nokia and HTC using these large display) Apple might find it's self on the short end of the stick if true and have gross delays for not placing their orders earlier with Samsung. ( or it could be that Appl purchased up all the spare capacity Samsung had left leaving everyone else out cold)
This will be interesting to see.
22. Taters (Posts: 3656; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This is a perfect example of why the Samsung every size strategy works.
Google: I need a 10.1 IPS 2560 x 1600 screen and CPU capable of running that resolution.
Apple: I need some 7.9 inch screens.
Samsung: let's see....we have 7.7 amoled, 7.9 IPS, we have 8 inch IPS..what would you like.
The best part? Quality control on their parts are much much higher than the junk HTC and Nokia uses. Flame on Samsung haters! Haha
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When it comes to designs
SONY IS THE MASTERS
26. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
you are always welcome APPLE.