Apple gets two patents for interchangeable mobile camera lenses
1. teja171 (unregistered)
Wow, i want to see this in action.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. I think the lens plate (or whatever it is called) on the Nexus 5 camera is a better way to go. More minimalist than a whole phone back plate.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 15550; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
But u haven't even seen apples in the wild yet, just another weak attempt to bash.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9846; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The patents that have been surfacing lately from Apple are pretty legit.. Show me what you got Apple!
5. Killertech2099 (Posts: 148; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Wait they already have a changeable lens for iphones, too many accessories. It looks promising though
6. nctx77 (Posts: 1035; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
You forgot the third patent for an ipad stylus. No, this is not a joke.
7. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2698; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I could've sworn I've seen a Sony commercial recently that showed them putting a large DSLR style lens on the back of a smart phone. I doubt they'd advertise something if they didn't already have a patent on it. Besides that I remember seeing a few non OEM companies coming out with something like that a few years back, I don't remember what phones they were available for (they were semi universal depending on the placement of the camera sensor on the phone) but I remember it wasn't available for whatever phone I had at the time. As the author stated, hopefully the USPTO checks for prior art.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 15550; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Would love to see this in action, apple show me the MONEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!