Apple gets design patents for the Apple iPhone 4 and the Apple iPad 2 among other things
attenuation of the antenna and a loss of signal strength. The term "Antennagate"was coined. Although Apple denied that the problem existed, Apple eventually sent out free rubber bumpers to owners of the phone to prevent the user's body from interfering with the antenna.
The patents can only bolster Apple's intellectual property portfolio, which it has been swinging around lately. On Thursday, Judge Lucy Koh will hear post-trial motions from both Apple and Samsung related to the first heavyweight battle between the two, while the two companies prepare for another trial to take place in 2014.
source: FreePatentsOnline via BGR
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 00:59 0 0
The word Apple and Patent are becoming a synonym for the other.
2. someones4 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 18:59 15 2
No one wants to copy an outdated design anyway.
12. someones4 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 00:10 5 0
B1tch please....it was only a cheap shot. it only shows how low Apple will stoop to remain relevant in the fast-moving tech world.
17. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:26 0 3
14. frydaexiii posted on 05 Dec 2012, 00:31 2 0
Yeah, Samsung stole the rectangle and the color black from Apple...How dare they?
6. joey_sfb posted on 04 Dec 2012, 20:01 9 0
The problem is apple patent is too generic and can be use to cover many areas that apple may not originally have thought off. Their goal is to limit their competitions from innovating.
19. bipinm posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:37 0 0
too bad the people who approve these patents cant see it...
3. JohnnyBravo posted on 04 Dec 2012, 19:06 0 0
Damn it I should have become a lawyer for such cases! I would be banking bigtime!!! Lawyers and firms are the winners here folks. The consumer takes the biggest hit.
4. phil2n posted on 04 Dec 2012, 19:13 3 1
this must be included in the Phonearena awards.
8. cr8tive007 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:05 0 0
Big fruity needs to go on a hunting trip with d**k Cheney. They are going to sue anyone and everyone eventually. Corporate greed will be their downfall. (and making poor equipment)
9. VZWuser76 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:20 0 0
He got a patent for the i4 antenna design? The one that was the reason apple ended up giving their customers the bumpers so their hands wouldn't short it out? If I were Jobs I'd be as happy as the guy who got the patent for the square wheel.
10. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:40 0 0
Hopefully that doesn't mean the glass front and back. If so, the nexus 4 may be on their list. I hope not, it's a far superior phone to the iPhone 4/4s
11. chemhaz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:47 0 0
WTF !!! Patent "Apple iPhone 4/4S bumpers", looks like they are going after the bumper/protective case market next.
There goes 1,000,000 + eBay ads for 99c cases, soon you there will be only one $99 model from Apple
13. xfire99 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 00:17 0 0
So with USPTO David Kappos said patents is working as intended. Sure my ass and right thing to do for him to resign.
16. kach22 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 03:43 0 0
Love the word "antennagate" and how it evolved to: "purplegate" "scratchgate" and many more to come.
18. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:42 0 0
FCK THE USPTO the hell with Apple with its RECTANGULAR SHAPES. damn patents.