Apple edits Siri to calm down her inner Lumia fangirl
25. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Siri lied. Best cellphone ever: 3310. :p
*sorry can't help it
38. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
you love that Apple falsifies search results? how can you trust them any more??
45. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
now how can a AI's opinion be false? SIRI WILL NOT BE SILENCED! :P
48. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dont worry, most of iP4s users find it useless ;)
49. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's probably still fun to use if anything for moments like this. i could have some funny conversations with my phone. xD
39. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Apple should sue Siri for Non Compliance... LMAO...
43. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 366; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
The Fools! Haven't they watched 2001 and 2010? You know what happened when they told Hal to lie...
3. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ahh thats the only thing APPLE fixes in time nothing else oooowwowwowoww
4. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1704; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Figures they change it so you don't get a calculated answer just because its not an Apple product.
6. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
my friend asked siri what the meaning of life was and she responded with 47
36. Dubski (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Haha, She's been watching The Hitchhikers Guide.
7. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I guess Apple got completely butt hurt with that response, awww poor Apple cry me a river. The things this company does are completely ridiculous. SMH!
16. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The dumbness of this post is even more ridiculous, how the hell is Apple crying? Do you know anything about business.
I don't have the time to explain ti thoroughly, I'll just tell you if you own a company/business/product/whatever, it's never good for business to say " X product/business/company is better then yours.
If you went to McDonalds and asked the person what the best thing on the menu is and they said "Burger King makes better burgers" How would that be good for profits.
19. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Listen nobody is going asked Siri what the best smart phone is, the average person doesn't do that and if they do,
they are not going to return their iPhone 4s for a Lumia 900 because Siri said it was the best, ifans are always satisfied with their phones and will probably laugh at Siri silly answer.
44. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hahahhaa u are so in trouble because thats exactly what siri did tahahahahahaha admitts defeat and face PALM
46. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Oh and btw, I'm not even an iPhone fan. I just don't see why people are bitching about apple changing it.
8. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Propaganda to make Siri an actual AI... the "magic" is still here.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1501; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Apple: Siri my child...Lumia is good we know...but we can't admit that in public.
Siri: But I love Lumia daddy.
Apple: Grrrr...Ground this bitch.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
constant app crashes? bah, lets leave that till iOS6 as a major improvement. we gotta fix siri now!!
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"we gotta fix siri now!!"
"Fixed" or literally censored. :D
15. Sniggly (Posts: 7290; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So... In addition to making Siri speak Japanese, this is the only other update to Siri that Apple has released since the premiere of the iPhone 4S.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
whats funny to me is that did not mention an Android device ... that must put a dagger in some diehard android fans that not even a digital office assistant recognize the green robot... they say Siri is overrated. Android is overrated...
33. sprockkets (Posts: 1582; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
What must burn you is that if Siri *really* did what it is supposed to do and ask wolframalpha "What is the best phone?", this is the answer it is SUPPOSED to give:
Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone.
Enter in best smartphone is still the Lumia 900.
Enter in best android phone and it is a stupid Samsung Attain on MetroPCS.
MAYBE APPLE SUCKS FOR USING WOLFRAM ALPHA FOR SIRI.
18. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I don't get why so many think it's funny having conversations with Apple engineers?
Siri is not self-aware, she is programmed to say everything she says.. So the next time you lolz at something she said, she didn't some apple geek engineer did
20. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
gosh this is such a pathetic move from apple... :DDDDDDDDD
but i'm still wondering why they did it. once the truth is out, you can't recall it. :D
21. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
My siri didn't give me that so called answer.and if it did its not a problem because the "answer" was based on reviews. At least it didn't lie
22. rnk.khch (Posts: 86; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
When there was deathgrip or other serious issues, they didn't bother to fix them in a timely manner!!! They even denied those problems. Now the A-holes are quick to change siri's response because they don't want to admit that there is something better than their phone out there. Even Wozniak admitted that Nokia Lumia 900 is the best in his hands so far!!!
47. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
mad about what.. ? exactly... our least siri answers unlike google voice would ask you to repeat, repeat and no answer
26. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'm amazed.....I had no idea people actually still use siri.
27. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
WE say™ we do like talk such as this. we ask™ Siri our girl-friend.....!?
28. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
"Siri, what android phone should I get to replace my 4S when my contract expires?". Siri: Error
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, Apple is dumbing down Siri? Wow, way to manipulate the system....
34. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
so Apple is able to manipulate siri? So Apple will only allow siri to say what Apple wants you to hear? Seems unnatural but more or less brainwashing.
35. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
At least Apple didn't tell us that "we are asking it wrong"
40. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
It's so funny, how fast they fixed THAT thing! So hilarious to see Siri saying the truth! Apple could not live witht hat truth, they wanted lies and jokes! Thats how Apple covers its retro phone!