Apple and Samsung will meet to negotiate a cease-fire
On the upshot, this will be more than just a cursory meeting – Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Gee-Sung Choi will be at the meeting (along with the usual legal retinue), participating in a Magistrate Judge Settlement Conference overseen by Magistrate Judge Joseph Spero. If either side is eager to go to court it will be easy enough to not come to an agreement, but has we’ve seen Tim Cook has a more restrained approach to patent litigation that Steve Jobs did, so this opportunity might also provide the two CEOs with the necessary face time to work out a deal.
Of course similar efforts have failed in the past. Will this attempt be one more speed-bump on the way to eternal litigation, or could this event help usher in the beginning of the end of the mobile patent wars? That may seem like a tall order, but a settlement in any of the ongoing international lawsuits could serve as a template for others to copy, so it’s a hope worth clinging to. We’ll find out sometime in the next 90 days.
source: FOSS Patents
2. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
hopefully this wil put a end to this whole patient war both sides should just pay each other some type of compensation
17. Galen20K (Posts: 521; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
yea we know what he meant but you're right, that was funny lol
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes, put this craziness behind us and enjoy some new tech!
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1694; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So they wasted all the money and man-hour for almost nothing... -___-" Let's use those money to invent fly cars and a smartphone that lasts 7 days in one charge.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
LOL!!! Reads like a headline out of a 1930's Chicago paper.
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
As read in the headline on the main page "Time cook"
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
APPLE needs to DROP it's LAW SUIT PERNAMENTLY and learn to compete with others which I highly doubt they will.
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's not just one sided man. There's two sides to every situation. They both have faults in the situation.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wow taco with 9 greens and 1 red........
9. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Stop the madness guys. Please, won't someone think of the children?!
10. Netolic (Posts: 143; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The lawyers will disagree. The lawyers will manipulate their minds to continue the lawsuit
13. ZayZay (Posts: 569; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Just watched that movie last night. From the picture.
14. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Apple should pay way more since they started this crap. Grow up Apple!
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this is not high school ok is not about who started it... ok... i think is you that one that needs to grow up
15. akita256 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Now, now, boys. You must learn to play together nicely.
20. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
An Apple/Samsung Merger wouldn't hurt.
iPhone Galaxy 4S sounds awesome...
23. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I think that they should fight...to the death.
25. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow, u think there would be more cheering in here. I dont know about you guys, but if they can bury the endless lawsuits, then that would be awesome.