Apple and Samsung will meet to negotiate a cease-fire
On the upshot, this will be more than just a cursory meeting – Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Gee-Sung Choi will be at the meeting (along with the usual legal retinue), participating in a Magistrate Judge Settlement Conference overseen by Magistrate Judge Joseph Spero. If either side is eager to go to court it will be easy enough to not come to an agreement, but has we’ve seen Tim Cook has a more restrained approach to patent litigation that Steve Jobs did, so this opportunity might also provide the two CEOs with the necessary face time to work out a deal.
Of course similar efforts have failed in the past. Will this attempt be one more speed-bump on the way to eternal litigation, or could this event help usher in the beginning of the end of the mobile patent wars? That may seem like a tall order, but a settlement in any of the ongoing international lawsuits could serve as a template for others to copy, so it’s a hope worth clinging to. We’ll find out sometime in the next 90 days.
source: FOSS Patents
2. tward291 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:29 2 0
hopefully this wil put a end to this whole patient war both sides should just pay each other some type of compensation
17. Galen20K posted on 17 Apr 2012, 19:43 2 0
yea we know what he meant but you're right, that was funny lol
4. BattleBrat posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:40 0 0
Yes, put this craziness behind us and enjoy some new tech!
5. jaytai0106 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:49 4 0
So they wasted all the money and man-hour for almost nothing... -___-" Let's use those money to invent fly cars and a smartphone that lasts 7 days in one charge.
6. jmoita2 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:50 2 0
LOL!!! Reads like a headline out of a 1930's Chicago paper.
7. downphoenix posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:51 1 0
As read in the headline on the main page "Time cook"
8. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:55 6 4
APPLE needs to DROP it's LAW SUIT PERNAMENTLY and learn to compete with others which I highly doubt they will.
12. taco50 (banned) posted on 17 Apr 2012, 16:09 19 4
It's not just one sided man. There's two sides to every situation. They both have faults in the situation.
9. StalkinUrMom posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:59 1 0
Stop the madness guys. Please, won't someone think of the children?!
10. Netolic posted on 17 Apr 2012, 16:02 1 0
The lawyers will disagree. The lawyers will manipulate their minds to continue the lawsuit
13. ZayZay posted on 17 Apr 2012, 16:40 1 0
Just watched that movie last night. From the picture.
14. shamataa posted on 17 Apr 2012, 17:03 5 4
Apple should pay way more since they started this crap. Grow up Apple!
16. gallitoking posted on 17 Apr 2012, 19:06 4 7
this is not high school ok is not about who started it... ok... i think is you that one that needs to grow up
15. akita256 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 18:42 3 0
Now, now, boys. You must learn to play together nicely.
20. ChangMin2012 posted on 18 Apr 2012, 03:26 0 0
An Apple/Samsung Merger wouldn't hurt.
iPhone Galaxy 4S sounds awesome...
25. remixfa posted on 18 Apr 2012, 08:22 1 0
wow, u think there would be more cheering in here. I dont know about you guys, but if they can bury the endless lawsuits, then that would be awesome.