Alleged Android N screenshot reveals hamburger menu in the settings app
2. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yeah lets declare something stupid even before we could see its implementation.
You should hire google and fire them.
3. BobLawblaw (Posts: 297; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
Android N will be out before Samsung stops acting the bollox and releases a stable Marshmallow for my Note 5..
10. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It's kinda strange that all of EU got S6/edge updated to marshmallow and Note 5 is still running lollipop.
19. BobLawblaw (Posts: 297; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
I'm down here in New Zealand so I can imagine samsung are gonna take their time getting it here..
23. Hyperreal (Posts: 223; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Thats not true. Its delayed again. No update yet anywhere besides Korea.
27. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Lol no. See sammobile.
38. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8344; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Because International version of the Note and S are easier to update because they don't have carrier bloat.
It's not a Samsung issue, it's a carrier issue. If Samsung sint push updates via the carrier and made carriers make their apps available in the app store like a very one else, updates would be less of a problem.
If the iPhone had carrier bloat, it would be the same problem.
If Google forced Android OEMS to do the following:
No custom carrier bootloaders, apps from carriers must be made available from the carrier via the Play Store, or direct download from the carrier and not baked into the firmware, then this wouldn't be an issue for Samsung to upgrade a phone faster.
30. Davcoss (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Lol my note 5 has been running 6.0.1 for a week now
4. volcano (Posts: 338; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
access settings through settings in order to get into the settings you want .
7. ibend (Posts: 3507; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
miss the old nokia's era...
~30 click just to adjust screen brightness... lol
8. Inotamira (Posts: 173; Member since: 06 Feb 2016)
Yo, we heard you like settings, so we got settings for yo settings dawg!
13. WPX00 (Posts: 218; Member since: 15 Aug 2015)
Excerpt from the LG V10 review by the Verge:
"Case in point: there is a Settings menu for the Smart Settings inside the General Settings tab of the Settings menu."
42. volcano (Posts: 338; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i don't know you are the one knows more about it :P
6. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 762; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
Many companies are taking cue from Chinese companies these days
25. catze86 (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
They have spy everywhere. Because chinese born are everywhere. They live everywhere.
11. WPX00 (Posts: 218; Member since: 15 Aug 2015)
The bigger news is that Nexus 5 is getting a third straight major update. Go Google! Time to show that we can do updates for longer than iOS, AND run them better than the laggy mess iOS 8 was on older devices.
15. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
This doesn't confirm that, they might be testing it. It will be great if it gets it though.
18. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ahaaa, it does make sense now lol
Thanks for the explanation
20. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
What the heck did just haooen? This was supposed to be a reply to the other comment, not this one.
Eiher PA is going crazy today, or I need my morning Necafe.
22. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
it's 2013 device, even 2012's iPhone 5 runs fast on iOS 9 - third major update.
Nexus 5 has only received 1 major update, if it won't get Android N, then RIP Google.
40. SenorThrottles (Posts: 250; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
iOS 9 runs fairly poorly on my old iPhone 5. It's not as bad as iOS 8 but still not ideal
28. Wiencon (Posts: 1762; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
But, 4S is a device from 2011, N5 is from 2013, you see the fckin difference? 5S is from 2013 and runs like a champ on iOS9
Jesus, today is some fandroid's stupidity picnic
12. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 70; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
I don't like what they did to the settings in Android 6.0. With all these extra munues and overlays they added, the settings look so cluttery. And now they are going to mess them even more.
14. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Can someone please explain to me what's a hamburger menu? Lol
17. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Those 3 lines which you pull out from the sides, like play store.
21. FluffyBled (Posts: 470; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
It's the button that opens the Navigation Drawer which is an alternative to Tabs ... not very sure what people are complaining about since Settings have always had tabs!
16. kent-gaga (Posts: 488; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
so... If I were to be the one who develope this, the first item in the list in the ham menu would be used to place shortcuts to the most used option, and you can add any other settings if you wish and the other items are all other settings as you normally see in any android devices
p.s: i hope my english is good enough for you to understand this
24. monoke (Posts: 272; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
They will get rid of the app drawer! Why?.. Cuz they were bored.. chief designer said "f**k it, I'm all out of ideas."
26. Zack_2014 (Posts: 374; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Horizontal Drawer used
Vertical Drawer used
What's left?? Nothing- Thus concludes
41. natypes (Posts: 1079; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I will never have my device look like a goddamn iPhone. I'll pay $20 for a good 3rd party launcher with an app drawer over that mess.
44. shahrooz (Posts: 706; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
With arrow launcher you get best of both worlds.
31. darthmaul (Posts: 25; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
I suggest Google starts making Iphones, as they tend to borrow all their bs. Wtf is that: no app drawer? Why would I like to have all the apps all over my home screen? Are you really that dumb? If I would like an Iphone, I would buy one.
32. jellmoo (Posts: 1486; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Um... "...that it might do away with the app drawer, like on the new LG or Samsung overlays..."
Did I miss a memo, because I'm pretty sure that Samsung has kept the app drawer in their latest version of TW.
35. joevsyou (Posts: 683; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
We are on M, N is the future OS update for the foundation of android, Other's can do whatever the hell they want
33. egyptian3030 (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Nov 2015)
Why Google will release Android N this year? as I understood Android M shall stay 2 years then a new version as Google mentioned before new android version every 2 years
34. joevsyou (Posts: 683; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
if they ditch the app draw, they seriously better have something better to replace it with. It's one of the things i hate about iphones, ALL of your trash right on the home screen
36. adsg48 (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Apr 2015)
Lol Android N!!! What is this? where is Marshmallow? Even the 2014 - 15 flagships haven't received it worldwide.
37. steelew (Posts: 196; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Now if they would just move the UI elements to the right side so I can use my big-ass-phone with one hand, that would be great.