A trio of Australian carriers will supposedly get the Sony Xperia Z in March
4G enabled. He added that all of them will be in the mid to high-end price range.
Finally, the exciting news for those in Australia is that according to Featherstone (and he should know), the Sony Xperia Z will be available from the three major carriers in the country sometime in March. Gizmodo Australia has already said that both Vodafone and Optus will be getting the Sony Xperia Z and Telstra already has a product registration page up and running online.
source: GizmodoAustraia via AndroidCentral
3. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:37 0 0
Latest rumors says that Sony Xperia Z might arrive in Europe on February 18. :P
6. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:45 0 0
Where are you from? :)
15. GUNDAM posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:11 0 0
8. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:51 1 0
I'm very excited about those 2 phones, this can be very big for Sony and we will have more healthy competition in Android ecosystem. Sony is aiming big and high I'm sure.
If the price is same as Note 2 and sound, video experience is as great as Sony says I will buy the ZL.
12. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Jan 2013, 09:46 1 0
Agree, at the moment I'm thinking about Z. :)
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:17 0 0
I actually prefer ZL, it's more compact and easier and more comfortable to hold, larger battery
4. GUNDAM posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:43 1 0
Oh well its just a matter of preference. I simply prefer to have the water and dust resistance and the battery difference isn't a lot. Both phones are great though.
7. InspectorGadget80 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:46 2 2
Get them xperia z Austrlia! I hope at&t release theirs in march too.
10. brycdavis posted on 09 Jan 2013, 09:06 3 0
They need to make them somehow fire resistant now if they are going to Australia that soon!
13. amiaq posted on 09 Jan 2013, 10:07 1 0
Yeah since it is water resistant.. we will need "shark locator" and "shark deterrent" apps as well.
14. Dattack posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:31 0 0
The Dutch webshop Coolblue says on their website that the Xperia Z will be available from February 28th, for a price of €630. Which is $822 USD, or £513,48. :P
16. Edmund posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:19 0 0
Phones are again becoming far too expensive for the average user and I fear that manufacturers will eventually price themselves out of the market with such high-end devices.
17. joshOps85 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:29 0 0
wow we usually get phones 3 months or so after everyone else, good news.