6'' Alcatel One Touch Hero phablet goes full out: pico projector, companion handset, E-Ink/LED covers
Catch them all
Luckily for us and Alcatel both, the company didn't stop here, for although sporting some high-end internals, the One Touch Hero will need a bunch of extras to sway consumers away from the traditional choices when it comes to smartphones in general. Extras, exactly, is what Alcatel is offering by the bucketload.
Projectors are awesome, especially on your smartphone
we've seen this tech fully integrated in phones before, we still prefer that the option is available, rather than not (pending price, of course). Alcatel promises that their solution will allow users to project an image larger than 70 inches. Obviously, don't go throwing away your TV just yet -- pico projectors for smartphones, by and large, have had a sketchy track record at best.
MagicFlip and E-Ink covers
Bluetooth-enabled accessory phone
Alcatel One Touch Hero
1. ianbbaa (Posts: 209; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
nice launch from ALCATEL...for us that dont care about coooores but overall package of features. With 2GB RAM should be OK even there is no SD600/800.
2. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Beauty of Android, so many choices for phone size. I like picking what I feel is right for my phone not being told whats the best screen size for my hand.
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Oooh 6 full inches to hold. Come on Samsung, give us 6 and half on that Note 3.
Hey folks, anything is possible, up until today, PhoneArena and everyone else were calling the next big Android release Key Lime Pie!
Let's pray Sammy has pulled a Google, too (and fooled everyone) :)
13. tomn1ce (Posts: 103; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
If samsung manages to keep the overall size of the Note 3 just like the Note 2 and puts a 6" display on it I'll get it. Other then that they can keep the display size at 5.7" to preserve the overall size of the Note 2. I'm looking forward to the release of the Note 3 so I can retire my aging vzw G-Nexus.
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Great phone but, needed that MicroSD functionality (back then, opted for the RAZR). Have to admit, though, G-Nexus has a better camera; too bad many were plagued with various issues. Honestly, if they do 6 inches I may not buy it because, for me, the bigger the better and I want it as big as I can get it. I checked out the Samsung Mega at AT&Terrible (I went incognito), I wouldn't mind a 6.3 incher' [ but, that's just me]…
4. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
What's with the companion crap-phone madness? I thought this well-established and powerful technology that is the smartphone was supposed to make us carry less crap, not get us concerned about forgetting to charge yet another device.
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is actually a great phone except for the SoC. A snapdragon 600 is a great pair if they cant go with 800.
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2772; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Superb overall package with nice design and features.
8. yowanvista (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nice device but I wonder if they'll be able to keep up with the software updates, Alcatel hasn't been good at that.
9. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
wow e-ink flip cover... wow, why samsung can't make that cover come with galaxy mega
10. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 864; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Love all the extras. Especially the e-ink from when I'm reading on the go.
11. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The e-ink cover is an excellent idea which I hope others use too.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Impressive! If this phone has Snapdragon 800 on it, it can compete with the big bros out there.
Good job Alcatel!
15. bwhiting (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
Now this would be a phablet that I would actually purchase and see me using more than any android device that I have ever had. The magic flip is going to be amazing feature and the e-ink cover would be useful since I like to try and read while at work and at the bar trying to relax.
16. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
There are already 6 phones contending to be my new friend and there's this as well. So many choices.
17. k1ng617 (Posts: 263; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Wow, I'd love to get a hold of one of these to try out! Review it ASAP PA!
19. Andre007 (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
PLEASE ALCATEL, bring this to the US at a Decent price and Ill buy it the instant it gets released!!!!