5" OnePlus X is official with crafted Onyx and Ceramic chassis
1. Sidewinder (Posts: 429; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
To me only the battery is a bit on the lower side. The rest is pretty good. Sd801 is still a very good soc. The addition of a memory card slot is welcome.
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
"and the ho-hum processing power means you will only be able to shoot 1080p videos, no 4K"
My OnePlus One has 801 chip and records 4K fine. So do many other types of s801 chipset phones, maybe you want to re-write or explain what you mean? If you're referring to processing power from the SoC then it has plenty of power for 4K recording :)
3. vincelongman (Posts: 4444; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Does the OPO have an external DSP?
AFAIK most flagships have external DSPs, except Nexuses
But the 801 should be capable as well
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Official website shows that 801 supports 4K without the need of an extra hardwarehttps://www.qualcomm.com/produ
8. vincelongman (Posts: 4444; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Oh sorry, I didn't realise that
I should have checked
4. Dude2014 (Posts: 439; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Nice specs for a mid ranged phone. Snapdragon 801 is still a great SoC in terms of both performance and power consumption. Although it was build on 28mm process, from my experience, my M8 lasts longer and work faster than my M9.
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Nice specs for mid range? Look at Xiaomi mi4c and few others. This is a joke of a phone. But blind oneplus sheeps will line up on pc for days to get an invite
13. jellmoo (Posts: 1595; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Seriously? We just toss the word "sheep" around now whenever anyone expresses an opinion different from our own?
This is a fine little device and the specs are perfectly decent. If you want an Mi 4c, by all means, go that route, but this holds up just fine in comparison.
6. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
This phone puts the HTC A9 to shame, and the price is less than half of the A9's price.
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Xiaomi mi4c looks at it and laughs so hard HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
12. Pattyface (Posts: 1612; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
I don't believe that the mi4c has LTE bands in the US while this phone does but I may be wrong.. That alone makes this a better phone. I also prefer their ui of op to the apple flavored android that Xiaomi uses
11. Marslander (Posts: 82; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Why would you put glass on the back of a phone? I suppose most people will be putting a case on this, but still, I never understood this design choice.
15. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Because a lot of people want cheap, pretty phones. Only to realize after a few months, beauty is fragile and needs protection. Maybe they can develop a nice case that doesn't obstruct the design, or a really nice sturdy skin.
14. DRS1977 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 May 2015)
Does this thing have NFC, if not it is a huge fail.
19. jontaylor07 (Posts: 163; Member since: 12 Oct 2015)
Yeah NFC is the baseline capability for every phone, without which they are useless.
16. xdza1979 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Aug 2015)
Why a small company can make better phones than giants like htc, Sony, LG and others?!
Not driven by crappy capital and industrial standards....
17. tedkord (Posts: 11706; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I was wondering that last year when I bought a OnePlus One. After a little while with it, I figured out the answer. They can't. It was a buggy mess. Decent build quality, but half the time it wouldn't charge. There were lots of crashes after which it would lock up, and I'd have to hard reboot. A very poor experience.
21. xdza1979 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Aug 2015)
Exactly my experience with the opo, it was buggy always crash and s**t call quality, no service or support and I have a screen taint defect,
But all this beside the screen and service can be the fault of the software and can be fixed, but what Iam talking about is the concept and the great design and hardware also price, imagine if this has fast charging SD805 or SD808 and comes with no software and you can download any rom you want?!
20. jontaylor07 (Posts: 163; Member since: 12 Oct 2015)
Well, when you don't need to worry about distribution, support, or great software, you can have a smaller company, but of course you also have smaller revenue.
22. thowersome (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Not trying to argue but doesn't this phone look like a re textured iPhone 5?
23. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A better proportioned iPhone 4 I can see. iPhone 5 no.
25. swarai (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2014)
Um, how do you put an SD card slot in this thing and not in the OP2?
27. Mike.H (Posts: 32; Member since: 16 Sep 2015)
Very curious to see how the ceramic works out.
28. fumij (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Oct 2015)
wow, nice review, i got $9 coupon code : OPXOFFER from geekbuying blog.
can you make the comparison review between oneplus x and xiaomi mi4c?