4.7-inch iPhone 6 screen glass images leak out: black and white models compared
Such supposed tapered edges of the next iPhone should make it easier to slide your finger from the edge of the display. Swipe gestures are already in use since iOS 7 in first-party apps like Safari where swiping from the left brings you back a page in the browser, but we can imagine this new display could allow for more proliferate use of gestures. That’s nothing, but a guess, though.
This leak is one more evidence that Apple could indeed start mass production of the iPhone 6 in JulySo far, the 4.7” iPhone 6 is said to come with a higher resolution (likely 960 x 1704 pixels), and a brand new Apple A8 chip. Moreover, expectations are high for the camera in the iPhone 6. KGI Securities posted a note saying that while only the 5.5” iPhone 6 is expected to feature optical image stabilization (OIS), the 4.7” model will also benefit from a new type of voice call motor (VCM) that will allow it to lock focus quicker and also save power.
Apple is also expected to introduce new sensors, and barometer in particular is named as the most likely candidate. As for the oft-rumored sturdier, sapphire glass cover, it’s a feature said to be reserved for the 5.5” iPhone 6.
Update: We've added a full gallery of the leaked cover glass.
Apple iPhone 6 screen glass leaks out
4. buccob (Posts: 1489; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
did you expect something else? it is basically the same design of an iPhone front face
30. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
ignorant, iPhone 6 is the most redesigned device since the 3gs. You should ask samsung to abandon cheap plastic and copying.
31. ikenvape (Posts: 65; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Did you seriously just say that??? It looks EXACT to every single iphone released! Oh lets the move the buttons..INNOVATION
59. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you stop being ignorant and enjoy your glass screen. plastic makes the phone affordable and can remove your battery unlike the iPhone
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4214; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't get it. The same over, & over, & over, & over, & over, & over...
What a disappointment. 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & now 2014!!!!
10. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Its not a disapointment..for majority of iphone users cauz The front panel makes it class apart from other phones.
Secondly all companies ( eg. Samsun) prefer keeping the front pannel simmilar to avoid pattent trolls..
15. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Just like Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc. Go somewhere, hater. Again, people like you make me NOT want to be apart of the Android community.
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1616; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Stop comparing phones to cars, it's just stupid
32. ikenvape (Posts: 65; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You really shouldn't allow people to alter your perspective on a piece of technology that you may or may not be interested in, especially in comment fields of articles. If you really want a serious perspective from the android community visit Xda developers
35. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1035; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Also funny that the users who complain about iPhone being the same thing over and over again, never gonna buy an iPhone anyway.
50. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4214; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I want something different from Apple cause that moves tech forward. It's to the point that Apple is now second fiddle & it's really Android who is pushing the mobile world. HTC vs Samsung vs Sony vs LG vs Motorola...
Apple... meh!!! If Apple would provide something different then we all win cause now there is new & original stuff to try to topple...
40. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2999; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Though I see huge evolution between different year models of cars. They can keep the iconic looks while still make it look way different. Not in iPhones.
48. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4214; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Dude a car & a phone. Really?!? You are comparing something that becomes a classic in 20+ years to something you throw out in less that 2.
C'Mon... REALLY?!? lolololololololololololololololol
16. Heatfan316 (Posts: 435; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Completely agree! This company just does the same thing over and over again, they don't believe in change, because they know whatever they put out, Apple fans will line up 3 weeks before launch of the same boring phone that was out the year before, as long as it has an Apple logo on it Apple fans are satisfied.
24. gehrig (Posts: 181; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Don't pretend like it's not the same for Samsung. Neither company wants to innovate anymore.
49. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4214; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Samsung changes it's phone looks. It's not the same... please try harder...
53. grahamb1989 (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)
Please enlighten us how Samsung changed their phone's looks...
The design of every Samsung phone has been the same ever since the S series began production. Same flaky chrome-plated plastic around the phone, and dots punctured into the back of the case. This does not make a redesign, this makes a minor modification of an old design.
Speaking of the flaky chrome-plated plastic, this is the same flaky plated-plastics you find on the Blackberry Bold and Curve models. Nothing new, nothing premium about any of it.
I like the internals of Galaxy phones, they work pretty smoothly, but if you're going to insult apple for sticking to a design since the iPhone 4 (was actually redesigned radically from the 3GS) then look closer to your obvious favourite brand, and discover, nothing has actually changed there either. In fact, Samsung actually go between their designs every year. The S5 looks like a taller S1
60. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's never cool when it comes to iphone. when they announce NFC they be it's the greatest thing they invented which is not
23. cncrim (Posts: 518; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Me 2, I like it, beside the fact all phone is similar.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Top and bottom bezels looks big even HTC One with front facing speakers have smaller bezels.
3. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 148; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
So tell apple how they're supposed to make the bottom bezel smaller but still include the home button?
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You see it is not my problem, it is Apple's problem so Apple should solve this quest not I, I just tell what I see. :)
Anyway, one of solutions is to install more oblong shape fingerprint scanner instead of circular shape. Unless Apple can't do that, but then again it is not my problem, I just tell what I see and I see that bezels looks big. :)
36. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1035; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Oblong shaped fingerprint scanner would be as high as a circular one, since a fingerprint scanner that can scan in 1 go instead the need of swiping it, is more reliable.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Mybe you are right but then what about upper bezel? :)
42. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1035; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Agreed, that could be a bit smaller. Although I do think the side bezels are less than they used to be.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Although I do think the side bezels are less than they used to be."
Idk, to me they look the same. But with upper bezel Apple should do something of course if this leak is legit.
51. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4214; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Um have you read all the problems with it... It's not as reliable as you think...
54. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1035; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Not 100% reliable, but more reliable than for instance Samsung's solution.
55. grahamb1989 (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)
A more oblong home button would make the fingerprint scanner as disastrous as that on the S5. Why iPhone's scanner works so well is because it can read the print regardless of finger orientation. With a non-circular scanner, it could either cause problems scanning, or be easily manipulated. In addition, why should apple remove their home button or change it's shape? That's the icon of their devices, as are the rectangular buttons on samsung devices.
56. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Probably I should agree with you but talking about upper bezel, Apple should do something about that.
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1325; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Change the home button to a different shape like a long rectangular one.... oh wait...
17. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Obviously that shapely design has issues…awkward.
37. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1325; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Obviously I don't care about either iPhone or Galaxy S line :P
22. Sreddy (Posts: 74; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
and yes, in doing that, ruin the whole fingerprint scanner.
39. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1325; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Not really. They'll just have to find a fingerprint scanner in the form factor. However, tell Apple don't ever get rid of the round home screen.
9. nctx77 (Posts: 536; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Bull$**t! Look at where the screen starts on the m8 and look at the bottom. The bezel is huge. You could two and a half home buttons in there.
21. Sreddy (Posts: 74; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
i agree completely, in one m8, the bottom bezel is too big. the place where the htc logo is, let alone the onscreen buttons, which take additional space.
11. HTCOE (Posts: 489; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
you and these bezel comments... what phone do you have?
8. Steven58 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
it looks like just a phone. Why do I get excited about these things? There's something wrong with me.
12. fzacek (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Bezels actually look pretty good in this leak...
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1616; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea nice and thick like your...unibrow
13. JOHNNY8573 (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
WOW...curved bezel..........sorry......slight curved bezel.....my bad
14. Beijendorf (Posts: 318; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Looks like they're going with curved glass edges like the Lumia-family of smartphones. Which is actually really nice. Uninspired, but nice.
19. Hatshipuh (Posts: 39; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Nice, rounded edges like the Moto X, it'll surely feel nice.
29. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Apple, I love you. Why are you the best brand I never met? iPhone 6 will kick those haters azz for sure.
33. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The only major phone manufacturer trying out different designs is LG, with their buttons on the back & with extremely minimal bezels on the G2 & the G3. Everyone else including Samsung & apple have been stuck in cement as far as design is concerned. Considering that they are the top 2 largest sellers of smartphones, it can be argued that they are following the saying, "if it ain't broke, why fix it".
Truth to be told, the iphone's huge forehead & chin stand out all the more, considering the diminutive screen size & overall device height. Other devices like the HTC m8 & the z2 also have sizeable bezels, but at least have large screen sizes to somewhat mask it.
Pick up any modern flagship, metal or plastic, & the first thing to grab your attention is the display that covers most of the front of the device. This is as it should be, because as a user I am going to spend more than 90% of my time interacting with the screen.
34. sasch (Posts: 12; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
its not the same its only the the front panel , and it is already different , big fan of the round edges,
44. nctx77 (Posts: 536; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
With the side bezels trimmed down and the larger screen, it looks very proportionate to me. I don't know what the Android fanboys are talking about. They act like every phone looks like the G3. Even the S5 has quite a bit of bezel. Now the iphone 4 bezels were huge.
45. WilliamC937 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
Just shut your mouth and take my MONEY $$$
58. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Stop with all this leaks Apple, or else your next iPhone will be known as ileak 6..........