LG G8 ThinQ User Reviews Back

snowgator posted on Apr 05, 2020, 9:20 PM
Posts: 3630; Member since: Jan 19, 2011

Fantastic device at an amazing price

snowgator has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am a tad different type of cell phone user. I value some aspects of smart phone uses that many do not: I demand high audio quality for both music and phone calls (yeah, I know: so 2010 of me), I expect decent battery life, I want ease of personalization, and I want good software support, and I want value for the money as I buy my phones outright and not over time through a carrier. Everything else is on a sliding scale for me.

I am very pleased with LG here. This phone has improved on so much. First off, as an audiophile there are only a moderate number of phones out there that excite me, and if you have never attached a decent set of headphones to an LG device or patched it into a good car system, please do so. You will be treated to the best option out there and I think LG should be rewarded for still caring. Not only is the Hi-Fi quad DAC everything it is reputed to be, it has individual controls which allows you to adjust the sound to your liking. I cannot praise it enough. LG is also now backing their phones with 2 year support. Not only is this rocking the latest versions of Android and security patches, LG has committed to Android 11 for it. The battery life is fine- I rock a charge up to a day and a half. I am not a gamer, but I do stream video a ton as well as my music and podcasts so I feel my usage is fairly representative of what can be expected. While I am not a camera guy, I have gotten a few compliments from people who are. So while a grain of salt...

Glass back is slippery as all get out. Only drawback

Pros

• -Best audio in cell phone tech
  • -Good battery life
  • -LG has improved support
  • -Nice screen
  • -So many options to personalize
  • -Good camera
  • -Such an amazing deal- so less money than other phones of equal specs.

Cons

• -Slippery
  • -UI still a chore to use
  • -Hand gestures have sharp learning curve
  • -Google assitant button may be a waste to some users