Motorola celebrates the 45th birthday of the mobile phone with a heap of awesome deals!
Did you know the mobile phone is turning 45 today? That's right! On April 3, 1973, the very first mobile cellular phone call was made between prototype units of the Motorola DynaTAC. The DynaTAC, lovingly referred to as the "brick" phone, didn't become commercially available until 10 years later, however, passing FCC approval in September 1983. It hit store shelves that same year priced at $3,995 (that's $9,184 in 2018 money!). It measured in at 10 inches in length and weighed 2 pounds! It was literally the size of a brick and weighed as much as... uh... a pineapple! But the DynaTAC went down in history as a landmark mobile device and went on to become a staple of 80's pop culture.
Today, to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the cell phone, Motorola is offering special deals of up to $150 off select Motorola phones and Moto mods! Here's all the sweet deals that you can score today:
- Moto e4 plus (16gb) – $30 discount – sale price $149.99; reg. price $179.99
- Moto e4 plus (32gb) – $40 discount – sale price $159.99; reg. price $199.99
- Moto g5 plus (32gb) – $50 discount – sale price $179.99; reg. price $229.99
- Moto g5 plus (64gb) – $75 discount – sale price $224.99; reg. price $299.99
- Moto g5s plus (32gb) – $50 discount – sale price $229.99; reg. price $279.99
- Moto g5s plus (64gb) – $100 discount – sale price $249.99; reg. price $349.99
- Moto x4 – $100 discount – sale price $299.99; reg. price $399.99
- Moto z2 play – $150 discount – sale price $349.99; reg. price $499.99
- Moto z2 force edition – Free Amazon Alexa moto mod with purchase
- Moto mods (excludes: 360 cam, projector, Hasselblad, gamepad) – 25% off
All special anniversary deals are available at Motorola.com/us/specials from Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 12 a.m. CST to Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CST.