Verizon’s Motorola XOOM ICS update begins to rollout
Verizon announced the other day that the Motorola Xoom would finally be privy to an Ice Cream Sandwich update on June 4th. The carrier looks to be making good on its promise as the Android 4.0 update has begun rolling out today.
The update is 107.9 MB and the process is estimated to take about 25 to 30 minutes. The following items are cited as enhancements and fixes that are included with the update:
Email, Messaging and Data•
• 4G LTE upgrade issues resolved.
• Device successfully connects to 4G LTE network immediately after DUAL IMSI switch.
• Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) policy improvements.
• EAS security and sync fixed.
• Optimized EAS setup.
• Enhanced Client Conversions with EAS.
• Email search now available.
• Improved email folder ordering.
• Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan features.
• Users have the ability to save pages for offline reading and desktop versions of websites.
• Updated “People” application to integrate with Google+ and other social networks.
• Improved text input and spellcheck.
• Down arrow added in browser navigation bar.
• Improved device stability.
• Pressing the power button locks the device when you have a pattern, pin or password lock enabled.
• App launcher has been redesigned to allow app dragging to get information, uninstall and disable.
• Can launch camera from Lockscreen.
• Added effects during video recording.
• Single motion panorama mode.
• Added photo editor to the Gallery application.
• Updated widget controls to allow expansion and contraction to show more content.
• New system font (Roboto) for improved readability.
• Improved screen rotation response time.
• Optimized widget sizes.
• Improved device stability limits the number of resets.
• Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity
If for some reason your Xoom hasn’t gotten the OTA update yet and you want to install it manually, the folks over at DroidLife have the official file on hand complete with instructions.