Stories you shouldn't have missed this week
Lumia 800 and Lumia 710. However, it finally happened, letting us ponder over the fruits of the newly-formed partnership between Nokia and Microsoft. And to tell you the truth, it could be worse you know, after all, these new Mango-powered smartphones don't look that bad... Actually, we can safely say that the Nokia Lumia 800 is a real beauty with its innovative design. And the mainstream offering in the Lumia 710 - it simply seems like a pretty good package for its mid-end role. Anyways, here's all the interesting coverage around the new Nokia Windows Phones that one might ask... and even more!
- Nokia World 2011: Live Coverage!
- Enter Nokia Lumia 800 - "the first real Windows Phone"
- Nokia Lumia 710 is official: affordable Windows Phone
- Nokia Lumia 800 Hands-on
- Nokia Lumia 710 Hands-on
- Nokia Drive, Nokia Music and ESPN Sports: the attempt to bring exclusivity for Nokia Windows Phones
- Nokia Drive demonstration on the Nokia Lumia 800
- First camera samples from the Nokia Lumia 710 and 800
- Nokia Lumia 800 against the world: specs comparison
- How does the Nokia Lumia 800 fare against the other Windows Phone devices: spec comparison
- Nokia's Lumia Windows Phones – was it worth the wait?
After we were treated to Nokia's latest and greatest, there's wasn't much interesting stuff that happened. That's why we decided to use this moment and present you with our thoughts on the benefits of having an HD screen on a cell phone. Meanwhile, we also shared our impressions from the Verizon iPhone 4S. If you've read our Apple iPhone 4S Review (which, by the way, is based on the Sprint version), but you wonder how the device performs on the "nation's most reliable network", you'll surely like our article.
LG Prada K2, which we kindly brought to you first. And, soon after that, it became clear that Sony Ericsson will soon be a brand of the past. But fear not, that doesn't mean that the manufacturer will disappear from the scene. As a matter fact, we're sure that we're to see many more exciting handsets from Sony... yeah, that's how these products will be branded in the future, because Ericsson will be selling its 50% stake to Sony.
- Pictures of LG Prada K2 leak; design still in flux
- Ericsson to sell its stake in Sony Ericsson, Sony becoming the sole owner
We wanted to make the end of the week as interesting as possible, and that's why we offered you a brand new editorial titled "The Update Battle: Innovation vs legacy support" - believe us, you don't want to miss it! But, probably even more intriguing (for some) would be the fact that we were all treated to the very first images of the Motorola DROID 4! Have a nice weekend, guys and gals!