Sprint Adds Nokia Handset to Line-Up of PCS Phones0
Overland Park, Kan. Starting today, wireless customers can make and take clear calls on the new PCS Phone by Nokia 3585, exclusively from Sprint. Sprint (NYSE: FON, PCS), which operates the largest all-digital, all-PCS nationwide network, and Nokia (NYSE: NOK) have combined the clear calling of the enhanced Sprint nationwide network with the signature personalization of Nokia devices in the new PCS Phone by Nokia 3585. This newest PCS Phone offers dynamic light effects with the optional active, lighted Xpress-on covers (front and back covers) that can be changed as quickly as any mood or attitude. The 3585 is available in Radio Shack stores nationwide for $129.99. The optional Xpress-on Covers are offered at www.nokia.com/us.
The PCS Phone by Nokia 3585 is a compact, candy-bar style phone weighing only 4.02 ounces and measures a mere 4.68 x 1.96 x 0.92. The icon-driven menu makes accessing any of the 500 phone book entries, a calendar and organizer or the embedded games a snap.
Customers look for Nokia to provide a solid mobile phone that is customizable to match their needs and their mood. Couple this with clear calls on the enhanced Sprint nationwide PCS network and you have the ability to stay in touch and in-style, exclusively from Sprint, said John Garcia, senior vice president of sales and distribution for the PCS division of Sprint.
The Nokia 3585 phone incorporates the features that has made Nokia the world's leading manufacturer of wireless phones and the technology that comes from over a decade of Nokia experience in CDMA research and development, said Soren Petersen, senior vice president and general manager of Nokia's CDMA business unit. By itself, the Nokia 3585 phone exemplifies Nokia's hallmark balance of power, size and ease-of-use, but when combined with the clarity and reach of the Sprint nationwide PCS network, it becomes a truly compelling offering for Sprint subscribers.
The PCS Phone by Nokia 3585 is a dual-band/tri-mode CDMA phone that offers customers clear calls as well as:
- Bright White Backlit Screen and Keypad: Bright white backlight for easy screen reading. Keypad and 4-way Navigation keys light up when pressed.
- Long Battery Life: Internal Li-ion battery. Digital mode up to 2.8 hours continuous talk or up to 10 days continuous standby time. Analog mode up to 1 hour continuous talk or up to 1 day continuous standby time.
- Voice Activated Dialing: Say the name of the person you want to call and the number is dialed automatically without using the keypad.
- Internal Phone Book: Assign up to 500 entries with multiple contact numbers.
- Multiple Languages: Support voice and text prompts in English and Spanish.
- 2.5mm Headset Jack: Accommodates standard headset for hands-free operation.
- Ringers: Improved sound quality. Choose from multiple melodious ringers including polyphonic MIDI ringing tones (background music) and vibrating alert.
- Large Display: Large grayscale 96 x 65 LCD (4 shades) with changeable fonts so you can change your preferred view.
- Interchangeable Covers: Dynamic light effects with optional Active, Glow-in-the-Dark and Reflective Xpress-On (TM) Coverseasily changed to reflect your moods or attitudes.
- Personal Organizer (calendar, scheduler and alarms, calculator and stop-watch)
- Spanish language option