OnePlus 5 and 5T to get the selfie portrait mode from the OnePlus 66
During the company's Open Ears Forum, OnePlus committed to bringing a series of improvements to many of its apps and smartphones. The addition of the OnePlus 6's selfie portrait mode to the OnePlus 5 and 5T is among the upcoming changes promised by the Chinese handset maker.
Other improvements that OnePlus committed to, include new features for OnePlus Switch and Shelf, as well as enhancements to FileDash. You can find the full list below:
- FileDash will be improved to be made compatible with other OnePlus applications. Will also be made easier to discover.
- OnePlus Switch with support enhanced data backup and desktop backup;
- Selfie Portrait Mode on the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T;
- Correction on the "Oil Painting Effect" to continue;
- Shelf will support Dark Theme;
- Support to include additional accent colors for the theme.
There are no timelines for the delivery of these improvements, but with each OxygenOS update that OnePlus releases, there's a chance that some of these changes will be implemented.