New LG V30 update adds all the AI camera features of the V30S ThinQ
Well, it appears that an update that contains most of AI camera features of the V30S ThinQ, so praised by LG, is now being rolled out to the LG V30. Although LG started the deployment of the update in South Korea, we can safely assume it will be expanded to more markets in the coming weeks.
The full changelog (translated) has already been posted by someone who captured the update, so here is what you'll get after applying it:
- The camera app has Q Lens, AI camera, Bright camera, Q Voice and Google Assistant features.
- Cacao bank fingerprint compatibility has been improved.
- Improved restarting while charging or booting.
- Google Drive now supports downloading files larger than 4GB
- Fixed an issue where there was no vibration when receiving a text message
- Improved call quality.
It's also worth mentioning that the update weighs in at 821MB, a quite sizable update I would say. Only the unlocked LG V30 are eligible for the update for the moment, but carrier-bounded units should get it very soon as well.