LG USA posts a poll on Twitter, pokes fun at the headphone jack plight
LG might also have some surprises up its sleeve — some bells and whistles, extra features, or just gimmicks added to the phone to make it more desirable, though, nothing has yet been rumored.
LG USA has now decided to post a teaser for the G6 in the form of a Twitter poll. The question is “What do you want the most in a smartphone?" and there are 4 options — a big screen, killer camera, better battery life (than what, LG?), and headphone jack. Yes, that's a stab at a horse that has been dead for 4 months now, but we digress.
Now, seeing as the G6 is due to be announced in just 3 weeks, we doubt this poll is an actual crowdsourcing of ideas for the new flagship. It looks much more like boasting of the phone's features. Let's see what each one means:
- Big Screen: It seems the 5.7-inch display rumors might turn out to be on point. LG used to be famous for having super-thin bezels on its G2 and G3 flagships, maybe it will get back to that design philosophy in order to make the G6 feel more compact, despite its gargantuan screen.
- Killer Camera: Seeing as the camera is one piece of smartphone hardware that still continues to dynamically improve on a year-on-year basis, it's expected that LG will advance its own shooter at least a bit. The G5 had a pretty good camera, but if LG is calling this next one "killer", it might be something really special.
- Better Battery Life: Over the past few years, LG has remained as one of the very few Android smartphone manufacturers that still make top-tier devices with user-replaceable batteries. Sounds great, sure, but on the other hand, over the same period, LG's flagships have been consistently outshined in the field of battery life by its competitors. This poll option seems to suggest that LG has made strides to improve the screen-on-time of its top-tier phone.
- Headphone Jack: The feature that's about to go extinct? We don't know, but we do know that we live in a period where it's a bragging point if your phone has it.
- No Bootloops: Oh, wait. This one was added by Twitter users commenting on the poll. Disregard it like you're a customer support rep and it's a ringing phone.
- Display 5.7" 1440 x 2880 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, Quad-core, 2350 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3300 mAh(20.5h talk time)
Posts: 3109; Member since: Sep 01, 2014
posted on Feb 07, 2017, 6:06 AM 0
posted on Feb 07, 2017, 6:23 AM 0
Posts: 162; Member since: Aug 01, 2016
posted on Feb 07, 2017, 6:32 AM 3
Posts: 7; Member since: Nov 14, 2016
posted on Feb 07, 2017, 5:06 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):