Huawei Mate 20 Unboxing and First look7
The Huawei Mate 20 might not have all the spotlight like the flagship Mate 20 Pro, but it's nonetheless an equally powerful phone with a wider screen, a large battery and support for Huawei's powerful fast-charging technologies.
To freshen up your mind, the Mate 20 is physically bigger than the Mate 20 Pro (it's noticeably wider), while the main differences feature-wise boil down to the Mate 20 having an LCD screen vs the AMOLED display on the Pro, as well as the cameras not being quite as capable on the Mate 20.
Of course, there are some other differences as well: the face recognition and in-screen fingerprint scanner are special on the Mate 20 Pro, plus it has water protection and fast, 40-watt charging.
But enough with the comparisons. Let's take a look at...
What's in the box:
- Huawei Mate 20 phone
- Huawei SuperCharge wall charger (up to 22.5 watts)
- USB-C to standard USB cable
- Headphones with in-line mic (3.5mm jack)
- Translucent silicone case
- SIM ejector tool
- User manual
Let's also say a few words about the cameras on these phones as they are different. The Mate 20 has a similar setup to the Pro, with a triple camera system consisting of a main shooter, an ultra-wide angle camera and a telephoto one, but not quite at the same megapixels.
Mate 20 Cameras:
- 40 MP main camera, f/1.8 lens, 27mm focal length, 1/1.7" sensor
- 20 MP ultrawide camera, f/2.2 lens, 16mm focal length, 1/2.7" sensor
- 8 MP telephoto camera, f/2.4 lens, 80mm focal length, 1/4" sensor, OIS
So, yes, the Mate 20 still looks like a plenty powerful phone with a top-notch processor and enough to lure in everyone looking for a great new smartphone.
Stay tuned for our detailed review of the phone that's coming up soon!