HTC One M9 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge user comparison results: HTC bites on Samsung's shiny metal edge


Not long ago, we asked you to vote between two hot-shot flagship smartphones - the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge & the HTC One M9. We made a comparison detailing their most notable characteristics in the all-important design, display, interface, and camera departments. Then it was up to you to decide which device is superior. Tough decision, isn't it? Both smartphones look as good as it gets, take really good photos, and the user experience is sublime! 

Still, our readers are always up for challenges like this, so we never doubted they will nominate a clear winner. That's exactly what happened, and the undisputed winner is the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge! Once again, our readers were taken captive by its premium build, curved AMOLED display, and supreme 16MP camera - but the HTC One M9 did stand up for itself, thanks to the brilliance of its Sense 7 interface. Sense has grown into one of the most polished user experiences in the Android realm, which is why it almost caught up to Samsung's TouchWiz in terms of votes.

With that out of the way, here's the complete breakdown of the results:

  • Of 10, 368 votes in total, 7401 votes went to the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and 2967 votes went to the HTC One M9.
  • Of 2895 design votes, 1900 votes (66%) went to the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, and 995 votes (34%) went to the HTC One M9.
  • Of 2494 display votes, 2124 votes (85%) went to the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, and 370 votes (15%) went to the HTC One M9.
  • Of 2474 interface votes, 1282 votes (52%) went to the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, and 1192 votes (48%) went to the HTC One M9.
  • Of 2505 camera votes, 2095 votes (84%) went to the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, and 410 votes (16%) went to the HTC One M9.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge took the overwhelming majority of the votes (71.38%), leaving the HTC One M9 with a modest (28.61%) portion of the pie. Welp, it looks like HTC has a long way to go to win our users' hearts from Samsung!

Related phones

Galaxy S6 edge
  • Display 5.1 inches 2560 x 1440 pixels
  • Camera 16 MP (Single camera) 5 MP front
  • Hardware Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 3GB RAM
  • Storage 128GB, not expandable
  • Battery 2600 mAh
  • OS Android 7.0 Nougat Samsung TouchWiz UI
One M9

PhoneArena Score:

8.3

User Score:

9.1
  • Display 5.0 inches 1920 x 1080 pixels
  • Camera 20 MP (Single camera) 4 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 3GB RAM
  • Storage 32GB, microSDXC
  • Battery 2840 mAh
  • OS Android 7.0 Nougat HTC Sense UI

FEATURED VIDEO

Latest News

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.
FCC OKs Cingular's purchase of AT&T Wireless