Android 5.0 Lollipop update for HTC One (M8) and (M7) Google Play Editions should arrive this Friday
According to HTC’s VP of Product Management, the company’s current target is to start pushing the update this Friday. If that happens, it won’t be a huge delay after all, so owners of the One (M8) and One (M7) GPE will still be among the first smartphone users to get an official taste of Lollipop - receiving the update not long after Google's Nexus devices.
As for the regular versions of the HTC One (M8) and One (M7) - which, of course, are way more numerous than the GPE ones - these will be updated to Android Lollipop in February 2015 the latest. After that, HTC will offer the new version of Android to users of handsets like the One mini, One mini 2, One max, and others. The more, the merrier.
source: Twitter via Android and Me
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 4 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2300 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2600 mAh(20h 3G talk time)
- Display 4.7" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 4 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, Quad-core, 1700 MHz
- Storage 64 GB
- Battery 2300 mAh(18h 3G talk time)
Posts: 10457; Member since: May 14, 2012
posted on Nov 18, 2014, 7:51 PM 0
Posts: 2263; Member since: Apr 26, 2012
posted on Nov 19, 2014, 7:58 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):