Debate: Apple Vision Pro is official! What do you think about it?

Join the discussion
• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Funny thing, VR has been around for more than a decade (if we count the Oculus Rift as a pivotal point in modern VR), and yet it's somehow still in its infancy. It has been like this for 10+ years. I'm not sure another 10 will do the trick. Maybe if the tech morphs into something very light, such as normal glasses, contacts, it might have a chance. But I'm skeptical; somehow, I can't see people wearing headsets and waving their hands around en masse.

If you could Imagine how this tech is supposed to look and worn on your body and now look at that uncomfortable contraption then you'll realize that the tech is still in its infancy. Too big, too bulky, too uncomfortable looking and distracting. Shrink it down in size so that it can be incorporated into our every day lives and then it has matured imo.

• 11mo ago
↵MrTonyCurtis said:

A "revolutionary" idea for PhoneArena: start learning about existing headset first before writing so many articles about Vision Pro.

You guys do not know anything about existing headsets but are praising Vision Pro for groundbreaking features just because you watched Apple's marketing event. This makes this site look pretty unprofessional und non-credible.

Actually, very strange that you do not come up with such "revolutionary" ideas yourself.

Sorry to say but that's why I don't read their reviews and camera test, comparisons are even worse. It's like they spent 30 minutes playing with the phone or just go out and snap some photos without really knowing what the camera can do.

• 11mo ago
↵MrTonyCurtis said:

A "revolutionary" idea for PhoneArena: start learning about existing headset first before writing so many articles about Vision Pro.

You guys do not know anything about existing headsets but are praising Vision Pro for groundbreaking features just because you watched Apple's marketing event. This makes this site look pretty unprofessional und non-credible.

Actually, very strange that you do not come up with such "revolutionary" ideas yourself.

What "groundbreaking features" do other headsets have?

• 11mo ago

It will be a great toy for people who can afford to pay $3500 or so but most everyone else have other priorities such as bills, clothing, transportation, housing, and food.

• 11mo agoedited
↵BalladOfCurtisLoew [deleted] said:

What "groundbreaking features" do other headsets have?

I think you simply did not get the point of my comment, did you? Almost all Vision Pro features praised by PhoneArena and others have been there. They would stop praising Vision Pro if they knew a minimum about the other headsets. The other possibility is they know, but they are simply Apple fanboys. Not sure which one is worse! To be honest, I am sure both apply at the same time which is even worse.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵BullaBoss said:

I think apple shot so far they have no competition. It's very very impressive but expensive. I don't think it's the next iphone, business wise. Those things are a nice luxury, not a necessity. It will share a similar fate as the iPad. They don't sell that many because they are a nice to have, and last a long time.

Do you think these will sell similarly to iPads? I think that's pretty optimistic, tablets are much more common and require a lot less effort and commitment to operate (in comparison to a headset).

• 11mo ago
↵Bebochek said:

Sorry to say but that's why I don't read their reviews and camera test, comparisons are even worse. It's like they spent 30 minutes playing with the phone or just go out and snap some photos without really knowing what the camera can do.

Actually, the only articles that are acceptable are those copied and pasted from other sites?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵BalladOfCurtisLoew [deleted] said:

It will be a great toy for people who can afford to pay $3500 or so but most everyone else have other priorities such as bills, clothing, transportation, housing, and food.

The same applies to MacBooks, iMacs, and pretty much every expensive piece of tech out there.

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

The same applies to MacBooks, iMacs, and pretty much every expensive piece of tech out there.

That's true. That's why I don't have any of those and I'm doing just fine without them.

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I disagree. MacBooks, iMacs, and other expensive tech have solidified their purpose and existence. A headset like this has not. This will offer very little benefit compared to a computer at home or cell phone on the go.

If the device is meant to replace the computer, I see some drawbacks. App/program support to start. Input/Output - are we going to use a holographic keyboard with it?

If the device is meant to replace the phone, I see some drawbacks as well. Cost is the biggest one. Why would you buy a $3500 phone that can only survive 2 hours of use when not plugged in? FaceTime isn't even your real face, it's an avatar, so for the "FaceTime instead of phone call" group, I don't see this being a preferred choice. Then the computer drawbacks as well.

If people weren't looking to get into VR/AR at $500, I don't see them getting into it at $3500.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless