Debate: Apple Vision Pro is official! What do you think about it?

Join the discussion
• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Do you think these will sell similarly to iPads? I think that's pretty optimistic, tablets are much more common and require a lot less effort and commitment to operate (in comparison to a headset).

Not in terms of sales numbers. Not even close. I mean the headset will remain a side product that can't and won't measure up to the iphone and most people will never own. It's not the next big thing. Most people keep ipads many years and I can see the same happening here with the vision pro.

• 11mo ago

AR/VR is waste of time money unless if used for medicine.

• 11mo ago

It's clearly not meant for the mainstream audience. This is mainly for developers and the few wealthy apple enthusiasts that would buy anything with an apple logo on it. They need developers to buy these and start making all of the content for it that will someday make it desirable while Apple continues to find ways to make it smaller and cheaper.

Personally I find that strategy to be BS because they're making people pay 3500 for a niche product with very little content...expecting them to MAKE all the content...then charge them a fee for selling their content through apples app store...the very content apple is relying on to get more people to jump onto the bandwagon.

• 11mo ago

But why? Why can't people just live in reality and not behind technology. There's really no use for it.

• 11mo ago

I just replaced three major appliances that were all over 13 years old and two of them were failing. Washing machine, dryer (the one still working OK) and refrigerator...the total for all three was about $200.00 LESS than this toy! Now which of these will last at least another 10 years or more???

ROTFLMAO!

• 11mo agoedited

It looks very much like an early adopter/1st generation iteration of a new product indeed. It’s going to take a few more years for the technology to improve and be shrunken down to a more petite form factor and hopefully for the price to come down on the cost of components. I’ll buy one then if that happens.

• 11mo ago
↵BalladOfCurtisLoew [deleted] said:

That's true. That's why I don't have any of those and I'm doing just fine without them.

You aren't their target audience lol

• 11mo ago
↵MrTonyCurtis said:

A "revolutionary" idea for PhoneArena: start learning about existing headset first before writing so many articles about Vision Pro.

You guys do not know anything about existing headsets but are praising Vision Pro for groundbreaking features just because you watched Apple's marketing event. This makes this site look pretty unprofessional und non-credible.

Actually, very strange that you do not come up with such "revolutionary" ideas yourself.

Waiting for you to post about the groundbreaking features that other headsets have that rival what Apples is offering.

• 11mo ago

No-one in their right mind is paying that amount of money for a first gen dev kit. Anyone that does, needs their head checked.

• 11mo ago

It's not official until it has an official release date. That date looks to be next year in the first half of 2024. So it could be in June of 2024 when Apple sells their first headset. By that time Apple could be using a newer version of the R1 chip, as well as an update M2 chip for their headset.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless