Debate: Apple Vision Pro is official! What do you think about it?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 10mo ago

I'm not convinced, personally, that the hanging cord and external battery pack are the most elegant solutions...

• 10mo ago

I can see some potential uses in medical and engineering industries just like AR headsets already do but realistically anyone buying one as a consumer wants to try out a shiny new toy and anyone whose work could be meaningfully improved by this form of computer interface won't be able to justify the price and would be better served by a laptop or tablet.

As it is currently it's a pretty toy. That's all.

• 10mo ago

If someone sits next to me and talks to me while wearing the glasses (as you can see in the picture), I'll just kick them off their face!

• 10mo ago

Great functionality but there are a number of product on the market that provide similar functionality at a 10th of the price, and some really great alternatives at a third of the cost

battery life and wire, Uh no ??

Price, No ??

marketing, was great ??

lies/oversight ☑️

is it nice: yes

Do I want one: Yes, I want all tech

can I afford : yes

will I buy: not likely - I think there are alternatives that can meet most of the functionality, at a better price

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 10mo ago
↵dnomadic said:

Great functionality but there are a number of product on the market that provide similar functionality at a 10th of the price, and some really great alternatives at a third of the cost

battery life and wire, Uh no ??

Price, No ??

marketing, was great ??

lies/oversight ☑️

is it nice: yes

Do I want one: Yes, I want all tech

can I afford : yes

will I buy: not likely - I think there are alternatives that can meet most of the functionality, at a better price

What alternatives do you have in mind?

• 10mo ago

Will I be prepared to wear this in public? No

Will I be cruising around my house in these? No

$3500usd - unbelievably expensive

• 10mo ago

This tech is still in its infancy. There is nothing truly useful for this expensive tech. Maybe ten years from now when things shrink to a minimum and not so awkward looking I'll bite and buy something like this. Not from Apple though. I care not about their ecosystem and they play less than nice with those who don't want to be stuck in theirs.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 10mo ago
↵poptart said:

This tech is still in its infancy. There is nothing truly useful for this expensive tech. Maybe ten years from now when things shrink to a minimum and not so awkward looking I'll bite and buy something like this. Not from Apple though. I care not about their ecosystem and they play less than nice with those who don't want to be stuck in theirs.

Funny thing, VR has been around for more than a decade (if we count the Oculus Rift as a pivotal point in modern VR), and yet it's somehow still in its infancy. It has been like this for 10+ years. I'm not sure another 10 will do the trick. Maybe if the tech morphs into something very light, such as normal glasses, contacts, it might have a chance. But I'm skeptical; somehow, I can't see people wearing headsets and waving their hands around en masse.

• 10mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

What alternatives do you have in mind?

A "revolutionary" idea for PhoneArena: start learning about existing headset first before writing so many articles about Vision Pro.

You guys do not know anything about existing headsets but are praising Vision Pro for groundbreaking features just because you watched Apple's marketing event. This makes this site look pretty unprofessional und non-credible.

Actually, very strange that you do not come up with such "revolutionary" ideas yourself.

• 10mo ago

I think apple shot so far they have no competition. It's very very impressive but expensive. I don't think it's the next iphone, business wise. Those things are a nice luxury, not a necessity. It will share a similar fate as the iPad. They don't sell that many because they are a nice to have, and last a long time.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless