Debate: Apple Vision Pro is official! What do you think about it?

Join the discussion
• 11mo ago

Nope nope nope! Even if they were 1000 dollars. Silly looking with those things on.

• 11mo ago
↵iphoneisboss said:

Waiting for you to post about the groundbreaking features that other headsets have that rival what Apples is offering.

Read my response to Ballad. If you still don't understand, please search help elsewhere.

• 11mo ago
↵MrTonyCurtis said:

Read my response to Ballad. If you still don't understand, please search help elsewhere.

Got it, you can’t name one headset.

• 11mo agoedited

I suppose it will appeal to those will more money than good sense and/or those who want and/or need the "look what I have" bragging rights. Apple is not stupid and knows the power of tech ego and peer pressure. Only time will tell.

• 11mo ago
↵BullaBoss said:

Not in terms of sales numbers. Not even close. I mean the headset will remain a side product that can't and won't measure up to the iphone and most people will never own. It's not the next big thing. Most people keep ipads many years and I can see the same happening here with the vision pro.

There is a lot of gleaming faults with Apple's first generation headset, other than the price. That side battery pack that lasts around 2 hours, and the power cord runs down the side of your head, and that pack sits in your pocket, or attaches to your waist. There is NO controllers that come with Apple's headset. That makes this headset a NON VR gaming platform, especially since there is NO rapid input, unless you pair this headset with a gaming controller. If Apple wants their headset to be known as a VR gaming platform, then it needs to come with some standard VR controllers as well.

• 11mo ago

Mariyan,

Regarding vr....headsets something as thin and cheap as quest 3 could become a standard in almost every household after the tech advances further (no nausea too etc) and can also serve as a movie theater.

They may sell as many as iPads but not iphones though.

As for ar, proper AR the size of regular glasses will also have a market. But only if ar glasses shrink down to that level in size or in price. For example: Something like hololens for 1000 dollars maximum. And AR glasses the size of regular glasses will have a bigger market.

But these two won't have as big a market as smartphones.

• 11mo ago
↵trakk8 said:

Mariyan,

Regarding vr....headsets something as thin and cheap as quest 3 could become a standard in almost every household after the tech advances further (no nausea too etc) and can also serve as a movie theater.

They may sell as many as iPads but not iphones though.

As for ar, proper AR the size of regular glasses will also have a market. But only if ar glasses shrink down to that level in size or in price. For example: Something like hololens for 1000 dollars maximum. And AR glasses the size of regular glasses will have a bigger market.

But these two won't have as big a market as smartphones.

That is if they these devices do it by say 2030. Otherwise it's all contact lenses after that.

• 11mo ago
↵trakk8 said:

That is if they these devices do it by say 2030. Otherwise it's all contact lenses after that.

Of course all this is speculation (educated guess?) on my part as nobody can predict the future :)

• 11mo ago
↵p51d007 said:

Nope nope nope! Even if they were 1000 dollars. Silly looking with those things on.

As opposed to what?

• 11mo ago

Was it really long awaited? I'm pretty sure outside of tech journalists the reaction is mostly whatever.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless