iPhones running iOS 3.1.3 or earlier cannot access the App Store, no comment from Apple yet
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I bet it's the former...
Another dirty trick to force anyone with an iPhone 2G to upgrade.
2. bloodline (Posts: 700; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
iphone is more fragmented than android devices
4. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
It might not be true due to the fact that Apple is just slapping version numbers onto their devices without actually receiving the full benefits of that version.
12. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Have you one of your usual link, hunter ? Lol
23. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
haha stupid Apple, bunch of corrupt bastards
5. erwiin.blf90 (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I tried right away when I saw this article online on my old iPhone 2G, and yes, AppStore no longer works on my device. I guess it's a closing time for iOS 3.1.3, and my iPhone as well...
9. erwiin.blf90 (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
based on the previous owner, it's 4 years old already, but it's been with me since earlier this year
6. Andman314 (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
That's Apples was of making more money from apples fan people. Its time for apple people to upgrade!!!! lol that is why i love google!!
8. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
And when was the last time your T-Mobile G1 ever recieved any support.
16. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
As far as I know (and I could be wrong) all Android phones still have access to the market...
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
not to all the apps... good luck running Froyo as well
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow.. those are harsh words... man... i know I am at least smarter than Patrick StarFish... I dont know about a taco... what kind of taco is it?..
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 698; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
May be Tmobile G-1 didn't received latest updates from google, but atleast Marketplace is working fine on it and users can upgrade to custom ROM's......... Is there anything like custom ios 4.0/4.1/4.3/5.0 ROM's for first nd second genration idevices.......???
13. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Can you run those fancy Tegra games on your G1?
14. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
yes, they would be horribly slow, but you can, using chainfire 3D,
canu run infinity blade on iphone 2G? no.
11. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
iTunes, the most annoying program I've ever used is still there for them to download apps from.
18. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Apple commented on this subject:
"Update to a new iphone and you wouldn't have this issue."
20. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 280; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
first they rolled out a software update that bricked up the old phones. then just for those who still didnt upgrade (like my gf) they did this as an added measure.
way to go apple. sneaky little angel of a company you... a devil in sheeps clothing.
21. cncrim (Posts: 567; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Interesting.... original Iphone need to updgrade.
25. kcombs (Posts: 254; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
I think if your iPhone is still running 3.1.3 you need a new phone.
28. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is weird that they talk about Apple wanting to upgrade when they only released ONE model a year as opposed..hmmm lets just say Robo ( dont want to ignite a fire) thats releases a new model every 2 weeks ( by the time you read my comment a new "robo" handset has been relased)... bottom line Apple is the best on upgrades thats why they released a redesign every 2 years...