iPhone 4S users now complaining of audio echo bug
1. messiah posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:03 6 2
And if the conversation is boring hang up and call again later.... awesome advice Apple.
3. MichaelHeller posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:09 8 0
The fix advice isn't from Apple, it's from users who have come across the bug.
54. roscuthiii posted on 02 Nov 2011, 01:26 1 0
It sounds an awful lot like an Apple solution, similar to "Don't hold it that way," and this one from an Apple Genius: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7-20128213-82/apple-genius-turn-off-your-phone-for-better-battery-life/
68. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Nov 2011, 07:57 1 1
dont mind sir but this advise sounds like comin from PA.. .. i just dont understand why do u guys tryina save apple every time there is an issue with an ixyz .... dont take it personally coz i respect u for d knowledge u hv but PA is always descriminating when it comes to Apple .. means let it b phone ratings, reveiws, basically anything which is non apple..
4. PotDragon posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:11 4 0
At least they didn't say that people are holding it wrong.
Of course it is part of the design; have the battery cut out before the echo begins.
52. remixfa posted on 02 Nov 2011, 01:03 3 0
just another in the long list of smartphone bugs. if it were like 2 years ago or so when most people still used wired head sets.. id say it was a huge deal....
As it is.. meh.. who the heck stll wires their phone to a head set on a regular basis? I pull my 3.5 jack from my guitar and put it in my phone when im on a call in the office, but other than that.. its a rarity... and I probably use a headset more than most... lol.
53. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Nov 2011, 01:08 2 0
Yay remixfa is still here! Thought we lost someone whos awesome and actually knows what he's talking about!
56. KingKurogiii posted on 02 Nov 2011, 01:36 1 0
everything will be okay as long as you have your King. i'd hate to lose remixfa though. he's a great subject to have around.
78. remixfa posted on 02 Nov 2011, 09:38 0 0
lololol... thanks guys.
why would i have dissappeared though??
84. EclipseGSX posted on 02 Nov 2011, 10:50 0 0
you're talking wrong!
15. XiphiasGladius posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:02 0 5
I think other handsets has that same issue (not just iPhones) although it is a rarity, in my case it was the fluctuating network signals that was the culprit although that occurrence is still rare. . .
70. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Nov 2011, 08:02 1 0
true !!!! ...and this changes everything again .. lol
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:06 6 3
I'm really not surprised, considering most iPhone's have had bad call quality from the start. But at least there should be a fix for it soon.
32. kcombs posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:24 1 3
that's funny because the call quality has been good on both of my iPhone's..
83. kcombs posted on 02 Nov 2011, 09:56 0 0
"that's funny" is just an expression dude!
69. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Nov 2011, 07:59 1 1
very true .. irony is even apple would admit that there is a problem bt PA wont .. thats really funny lol
5. Sniggly posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:17 8 2
Well now. Though I understand it's a minor bug, it is satisfying in a way to have one more thing to hold up to IFanboys when they claim that Apple is totally perfect and has no issues.
11. Lucas777 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:49 4 3
haha nobody claims that... its just a problem with anti apple people (ignorance if u didnt get that).. and i have not had this issue at all with my iphone and i also have not had the battery issue after turning off the auto time zone feature.. i think that is the problem
25. 530gemini posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:06 2 6
Oh yes sniggly. We all say that the iphone is perfect all the time....not. Geez, stop lying. No iphone fanboy has ever claimed the iphone to be perfect. You're actually the first one to say that :)
30. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:15 5 2
lol you guys may not say the iPhone is perfect but you sure worship it like it is.
God this place cracks me up, it's become a full on fanboy warzone.
43. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:59 5 0
530 your wrong , jobs did say it was perfect. When the iphone 4 came out he never admitted he made a bad phone he started to blame other phones.
45. Lucas777 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 23:27 0 4
hahahahahaha maybe u shud thikn about "blame other phones" try and say "other phones had the same problem"? idk but please.. dont make up stuff about apple
79. remixfa posted on 02 Nov 2011, 09:39 0 0
have you ever heard taco or gallito? taco was singing its perfection, even as he had to have it warranteed.. lol
13. Sniggly posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:58 8 5
I've been meaning to ask you, since you're obvious loving the possibility of Remixfa enacting a self imposed exile from Phonearena: do you want me gone too? And if so, who else do you wish to see gone from Phonearena?
19. Sniggly posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:49 6 2
I am? Okay. Any reason why your opinion should matter to me?
22. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:56 5 0
And this coming from you? The same person who never posts anything other than whining and complaining about how Android is copying this and android is copying that.
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:53 2 0
What? Apparently I have missed a lot. What the heck happened with Remixfa?
31. Sniggly posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:21 2 0
He made a bet with Taco, which Taco readily agreed to, that if Android loses significant market share or something in Quarter One 2012, Remixfa will voluntarily leave Phonearena in self imposed exile. Of course, Taco is cartoonish in the magnitude of the facts he gets wrong, claiming that Remixfa will be BANNED. Of course, self imposed exile is NOT a ban, but hey.
So I've been thinking: if Taco really wants every person here who isn't an iFanboy gone, why not give him what he wants? Enact a mass exodus from Phonearena. Show him what the site looks like without us.
33. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:24 7 1
lol this place would be a ghost town without us. Then the ifanboys would just be bored and lonley. All four of them, lol.
50. Sniggly posted on 02 Nov 2011, 00:14 3 0
No, seriously. I say we all just leave. Give Taco what he wants. Let him win. I mean, when someone wants something that bad, why not grant them their wish?
37. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:30 2 1
or he could go to an Apple Fanboy site. xD
60. KingKurogiii posted on 02 Nov 2011, 03:24 0 0
aw, you didn't remember me? that kind of hurts.
guess i'll get to stick around to keep the order from becoming chaos.
59. taco50 (banned) posted on 02 Nov 2011, 02:19 0 7
The bet is Samsuck vs Apple, Q1 most TOTAL smartphone sales.
I know remix will not follow through as usual. He will backpedal and make himself to be the village idiot. Oh wait...
86. remixfa posted on 02 Nov 2011, 13:35 0 0
The bet is simple.
Whoever has higher sales in Q1 2012 wins... either samsung or apple.
The prize is the loser must leave the site forever. Taco likes to play it up like he is getting me banned and that he has absolutely no chance of losing. Neither is the case.
His logic is "apple rules", my logic is based on sales, known launches, historical trends and whatnot.
Both companies have been in the top spot in the last few quarters, and neither has had it very long. its a toss up.
I believe apple will win Q4 2011 and then samsung will win Q1 2012... especially with the later than expected launch of the galaxy nexus which will mean it will still be selling strong into next year, the launch of the note, the SGS2 which still sells like crazy, new SGS2 (HD) variants, and whatever else compared to what will be a 3-6 month old minor upgrade of an iphone4. The ONLY thing that is going to bolster Apple's sales is going to be its free 3gs and super cheap i4 sales.
Samsung beat Apple in Q3 without the SGS2 even being available in the US, which is their largest market, and the SGS2 has been consistantly outselling the iphone in most of the countries that it was availible in since it launched 6-8 months ago. Add in the fact that the i5 rumors will be swinging again after christmas and its going to get people to wait and not buy the i4s.
I'm going to be sad to see taco go.
49. Sniggly posted on 02 Nov 2011, 00:12 2 0
Oh, and one more thing. It's "cue." Queue is a lineup of things to be done, completed, whatever.
8. Andman314 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:36 6 3
Its time for IPhone 4S users to move to Android!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA I
34. kcombs posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:25 3 6
why so they can have a crap phone that freezes all the time?..
64. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 02 Nov 2011, 04:05 2 0
KCombs the only ones that are frozen is the brain of iPhone user's can't think by themselves don't have freewill. Only get what Apple wants to give them even if it's the crappie 4 s boring same design for over 2 year .wow that's is so boring
9. Stuntman posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:38 8 0
No phone is without flaws and the iPhone is no exception.
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:47 1 0
Sounds like a problem with noise cancellation algorithm in iOS 5.0. The problem wasn't present in iOS v. 4.X.
12. dmn666 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 20:56 6 2
Mr. X (Apple guy in charge of call quality): Hey Steve, this s**t sucks as a phone. ...antenna,phoney network indicator, echo, no LTE...
SJ: So did ipods as music player, Moron! $20 Sansas sound way better. But hey, consumers are idiots - they always forget what the device was primarily made for. Just call it magical and watch how those goofs line up for this
14. DROIDX0430 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:01 7 2
Not Apple..for crying out loud...battery problems...echo...boosters for signal...what did apple do for one and a half years....in the making of this suppossed to be best ever iphone...when in the long run the only thing added was dual core and a sub par assistant called siri....you ask siri a logical question and the phone freezes...
16. DROIDX0430 posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:03 6 2
More daily activations for Android forthcoming....the iphone is following RIMs footsteps...great..big at first and didnt adapt to an ever evolving cell phone world...of technology...
18. Carlitos posted on 01 Nov 2011, 21:48 4 0
Ok I prefer android over iphones. I still like there devices, but there shouldn't be things like this. It took them one and a half year to make this, they shouldn't really have any problems. I know nothing is perfect but, the iphones 4 is becoming to look more solid.
38. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:32 2 0
nope, they're all returning them tonight. ;P
23. Jobes posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:04 1 2
My phone its amazing I have no problems with my 4s its perfect.. And way better than all you Android fanboys.. Android sucks.. jk :D Android forever.
63. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 02 Nov 2011, 03:51 1 0
Jobes the 4 s is perfect for you cause it fits right at your hand that's cause you have girly hands lol
24. RobinLim posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:05 2 0
In theory with only one phone release per year, and an operating system designed around the new phone this kind of thing should not happen. I guess it is a testament as to how complex these devices are that pre-production testing does not catch things.
27. 530gemini posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:09 1 7
As usual, android fanboys are so quick to jump on this issue as if this bug happens all the time whether ur using a wired headset or not, tsk, tsk, tsk. Android fanboys have such low IQ's :)
62. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 02 Nov 2011, 03:44 1 0
530 if iphone is so good way is it having this problems where is the quality ? Where is the prestige of Apple.? I think I can answer that one , it went with jobs next time when you buy a phone think first then buy.
80. remixfa posted on 02 Nov 2011, 09:41 0 0
good thing im not one of those android fanboys then huh. lol
if you really wanna poke at "which side is dumber".. which side consists of taco, gallito, and 25% of its userbase that things the i4 was 4g.. lol :)
i playing, but the point was, glass houses and stones n such.
29. slicer posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:12 3 0
Apple never tests these devices before the launch?!! Unbelievable!!
41. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Nov 2011, 22:37 4 1
"Apple never tests these devices before the launch?!!"
Why waste the $ when you can have iFanbois do the testing for you?