iPad 4 – is it worth upgrading?
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1225; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
People who. Bought a iPad 3 during the last month may have been trolled by apple or may feel trolled
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4622; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I want to see tear down of iPad 4 and iPad mini, interesting if internal parts are still based on hot glue like in New iPad (a.k.a. iPad 3).
36. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Surface, you are Dead with a capital D. This thing will be blazing fast. In fact iPad 3 was already very fast. Twice the GPU performance !!! Crazily awesome graphics. Surface will be using tegra 3 GPU- hahahahhahaha!!! The ipad 3 gpu was already faster. The A6 CPU is faster than tegra 3. Ipad has better camera and can do almost everything a surface can do. Lol fail surface tablet. I had an ipad 2 last year and I have an ipad 3 this year and so believe me when I say there's nothing like an iPad.
37. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I am comparing this with surface RT. iPad 4 can't be compared with surface pro because surface pro is a PC not a tablet. a PC minus the keyboard.
38. infinitemethod (Posts: 122; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Why is the Surface Pro not a tablet, yet the RT is? Solid logic. Sounds like you're already admitting defeat. Haha
40. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Surface pro is a damn PC! It is nearly twice as heavy and twice as thick. Tablets are thin slate. Ipad is the king.
41. infinitemethod (Posts: 122; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I'll take a little more thickness and the weight with those specs, compared to an ipad's silly specs and mobile app. launcher OS. Apple fan's must be very tiny and weak. Man up. The fall of Apple has already begun.
25. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Ipad 3 or wait for ipad mini Retina display
27. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
is this all apple? Is this all you can do now? Change the chip and call it the next gen? No. Apple, you're better than this. Please, don't just make an incremental upgrade. Prove to your loyal customers that you can do more.
You don't need to update your iPad every year. Just do what you did with iPod touch. Seriously? A faster GPU, LTE, and front-facing camera? Really? FRONT FACING CAMERA? DO YOU EVEN CONSIDER THAT AS AN UPDATE? No. No. No.
31. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
Yes, and they didn't just change the chip, they changed a lot more to make it better than the previous one. Same as samsung does when releasing an updated galaxy s device. They change the hardware inside, and of course give a new name like galaxy s 3 or the NOTE 2.
39. infinitemethod (Posts: 122; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
You poor little fanboi. I feel bad for you.
42. juwansome (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Agreed, no need to update every year, every other year is fine with me. It's all getting a bit out of hand, but I guess it's good for business, since people seem to run out and buy the newest model anyways... not me though, happy with iPad 3rd Gen!!!
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 599; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
35. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Whatever it is Fast Processor & GPU etc etc but DUMB ios is Not a worth of a penny... and that to made by a Greedy Thug Company!...
4. JKING_25 (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I don't mean to be a hater but even thought the A6X is a powerful chip the iPad 4 has nothing on the Srface PRO.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
If you have the ipad 3 is not wise to upgrade to the ipad4 but if you don't have an ipad go buy this beauty.
9. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I returned my ipad3 a couple weeks after it launched... So glad i did. The iPad4 addresses all the little things that made me go back to my ipad 2
12. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
What if you have an android tablet? Is it worth downgrading?
15. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Depends on if u consider it a downgrade. Nice jab at apple though...NOT.
17. blingblingthing (Posts: 385; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
It is worth downgrading if you can afford it.
21. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I can definitely afford it, considering my current tablet (transformer pad infinity)cost the same price, and I also got a keyboard dock for 150 more. :P
24. Synack (Posts: 641; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
$150 for a keyboard? Wow. Apple should die.
34. eli577 (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
Oh man...are you REALLY considering changing an Infinity to a tablet like this? You out of your mind....no harm intended.
18. SleepingOz (Posts: 2484; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Why? Better wait for the ipad5, which will be out in about 3months.
44. juwansome (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Nah I say if you have iPad 1 or 2 and want to upgrade then go buy the iPad mini ... better specs (processor/cameras) and new features (Siri/ lightning dock connector), easier to carry and hold out of all the full-sized iPads, and it's more affordable than the iPad 4th Gen.
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
10. theoak (Posts: 318; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
If Sprint keeps their unlimited data ... this could be huge for them.
28. elandrumiii (Posts: 109; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
Sprint doesnt offer unlimited data on tablet just on phones and not on the hotspot feature for the phone. So that is not a selling point getting rid of my tablet account because its not worth it and to expensive. Just wifi or hotspot on my nexus will do. May even jump to ATT for the price im paying sprint.
11. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Now lets start speculating what the iPad 5 will have.
1. In Cell display (helps battery life)
2. Same black coloring on the back(to match the iPhone)
3. 8 megapixel back camera
4. I'm guessing an improved processor, but I'm not sure if it would be quad or a customized dual core.
I honestly have no idea what else they could do. I'm also guessing they won't be announcing a new one til this time next year. They must rearranging their announcement cycles.
16. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
I'm wondering about the release cycle too, but this is simply a refresh of the big iPad. Easy camera swap, and new cutout for the lightening connector, and beefed up chip. I'd bet they'll still have a new redesigned one in march/April.
13. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
I have an iPad 3, so there's no need to upgrade but I'm getting the mini for my son.
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
a lot of people so negative about apple...
its just the rule of being famous... "if you have thousands of fans, expect to have thousands of haters"
im pretty sure that iPad mini and iPad 4 will still be at the top coz its an iDevice... a device that really looks and feels premium --- dont look cheap coz of plastic body!
and im pretty sure that iPad mini will sell hot coz it will be available worldwide before the year end...while nexus 7 and kindle fire HD isnt available in my country...you need to order on amazon or whatever retail store and pay double..while iPad mini will be price a little higher than its original price!
26. thachlel (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I would rather try the new toy tablet with Intel i5 n full HD 1080P
29. elandrumiii (Posts: 109; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
Still rocking my wifi only iPad2. Meets the needs and exceeds them.
30. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is what can be called an iPad 3S . . .
43. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 215; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
people dont get the ipad 4. keep your ipad 3. Two upgrades in the 4th ipad is not worth getting.