Yahoo buys Blink, a secret messaging app founded by an ex-Googler
Although Blink itself isn't a wildly powerful Snapchat competitor, it does enjoy a user-base of anywhere between 10 000 to 50 000, which is no small feat for an app that probably saw minimum advertising. Meh Labs was founded by ex-Googler Kevin Stephens and has seven employees, which will now join Yahoo.
2. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lucky 7 employees got a job at a stable big company !
3. Mohammad_Abu-Shukur (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
hope blink comes 4 all platforms not only on IOS and android
4. volcano (Posts: 254; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
are they allowed to use that name since Microsoft already have an app called blink
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1424; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Yahoo, the place where your startup eventually dies in corporate...and never to be seen again.
8. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
and you got a ton of money for it !
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 1572; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
yes because the law made them sell...welcome to the world where the idea of selling your company is actually a dream, not a bad thing.
10. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
I smell Yahoo! sourcing for an operating system. Those companies they bought have outright good tech databases.
12. tokuzumi (Posts: 275; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I had honestly forgotten that Yahoo was still around.
13. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yahoo is around everywhere just not under the name yahoo !