Xiaomi unveils the high-res, 7.9'' MiPad with world's first Nvidia Tegra K1 chip, 2GB RAM, and 8MP camera
1. pwnarena (Posts: 1046; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
why do they love using those near-plagiarizing/infringing names? can't they just create a new name or identity? why associate it with the ipad? makes them appear cheap.
29. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
they are cheap already, and cr@appy too.
37. farhad_per (banned) (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Excuse me...!? Ipad mini colorfull plastic or iphone 5c 7.9 ...? Confused..! Help
34. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Because it's easier for them to ride on someone elses coattails.
49. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Whats wrong in it? I care about good product, not its name or who it infringed
67. osutq (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2014)
it's xiaomi mi-pad, the 'i' before 'pad' is just coincidental. mi-something is how chinese like to call xiaomi's products.
68. ubihard (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
it is just coincidental, "mi" means rice in Chinese, and when u turn it around the logo looks like "iw" which means "heart". it sounds like 'me' not ' m i-pad '
23. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hell yeah bro! they made laurel the black canary without killing Sara. We also know who Thea becomes the Mia Dearden character now. I didn't however like the way Deathstroke was pussified lol
40. azzak (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 May 2014)
yeah dats right..i hope they will bring back deathstroke with more vengeful and deadly person cause his fight with oliver need more intense..and i just love how cool Roy with his red mask..
21. vincelongman (Posts: 2787; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I really want to see GPU benchmarks for the K1
It's supposedly as fast as Intel's HD4400/5000, which would be really impressive for a passive SoC
3. GreekGeek (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
I wonder how will the K1 perform without a heatsink ... I never trusted Nvidia with all their flowery promises. They are only good with their souped up reference devices, nothing more.
The reason why I sold my Slate 7 extreme is because it is just too inconsistent when it gets hot, Tegra 4 is a dog. They never got it right
What makes them think that they will get it right this time?
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1061; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they will get it right because xiaomi is never wrong.
4. khaldoon (Posts: 41; Member since: 17 May 2013)
They went with the right choice for the SOC part ;)
6. GreekGeek (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Right choice? Lol
Its obvious that you dont know how Nvidia operates, they tend to over promise and under delivers.
To see is to believe dude, its the final production unit that matters.
26. grahaman27 (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Nvidia delivers on its promise of being the most powerful mobile processor.
The new HPM manufacturing process should prove more efficient for the k1... And just wait till the Denver version comes out.
8. khaldoon (Posts: 41; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I own a nexus 7( 2013 ) with nivdia tegra 3 . Contrary to what everybody saying I have never faced hiccups or anything during my daily usage . What makes u think that this chip won't be good ?
10. GreekGeek (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Because Nvidia ALWAYS screw up on their production units.
Thats why major players like Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC and even Asus dont trust them.
Nvidia is all talk
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1350; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
If the numbers are true you'll end up eating your words.
And yes, I know it's a BIG IF.
18. khaldoon (Posts: 41; Member since: 17 May 2013)
There u have a point but let's hope they got the job right this time. I mean it will be really impressive if those numbers were right
22. danidin (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 May 2014)
thats because your nexus 7 2013 has a snapsdragon cpu and not tegra...
51. Totse2k15 (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
8. khaldoon (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 May 2013)
"I own a nexus 7( 2013 ) with nivdia tegra 3"
Make me chuckle hard irl. Like he ^ said.
11. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1350; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
If those numbers in the benchmarks are real I'm oficially impressed!
I hope Anandtech reviews the tablet.
14. GreekGeek (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Its a reference tablet with a giant heatsink.
Ever wonder why Qualcomm always win designs?
38. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1350; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
First real numbers are out and they look like you'll end up eating your words:
Top place in gfxbench without sweating and not for a reference tablet as you said, but for the Xiaomi MiPad itself.
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 4355; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You will never be able to buy one. There red rice is still out of stock after 2 months since launch.
42. Takeharu (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
WTF are you talking about? The Hongmi (Red Rice) is available at every big Chinese online retailer and is always in stock! Check ibuygou.
28. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaooooooooo h?ll yeah. copy everything. copy everything. welcome to china
59. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Really, they're owed some down-time by the rest of the world. Do you have any idea of the amount of innovations that came from China that are taken for granted now? Just off the top of my head: black powder, rockets, grenades, paper, printing, silk... you know what, there's not enough time. Just for quick reference:
35. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmao who would care about an iPad copy? hey guys i brought my MMMMMiPad with me.
39. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I care. Look at the price, you idi*t. It's cheap & powerful. I don't care the brand. And xiaomi is good brand.
And this sh*t is better than sh*tty Galaxy Tab 7.
And oh yes. I live in 3rd world country, so this sh*t is important for our people. Because Apple & Samsung sucks & is overpriced. Nexus 7 is not available here. Just saying...
41. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
it costs 240$ to be an iPad copy while you can get the original one without making fun of yourself for 160$ more. I don't care where you come from as we all live on the same damn planet. but buying a copycat product, the screen, the display, the exterior, the size, the resolution, even the way apple lists it on it's website goddammit. There are a lot of good brands to choose from you don't need to get a tab 7. this is an iPad ripoff and it's truly funny seeing it, and this makes you the idi*t wanting to buy a copycat product because it's cheaper. lmao. didn't know guy like you even exist, I always wondered who they sell this cr@p to. And you popped up. good luck with it. copycat.
62. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
what's wrong is that it's a copycat, a ripoff, who cares if it's good while they're totally copying others. and naming the thing MiPad.. like wow. the failure of the century? or what?
24. tiara6918 (Posts: 1924; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I would like to consider this tablet only if it didn't have the resemblance of an ipad
25. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1062; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Its basically an iPad Mini 2c with better specs then what Apple will ever have.
32. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
copy apple copy samsung copy sony that's all what chinese companies do. I mean imagine going somewhere and people ask you what's that? ah it's mipad.. they're what? ipad? no mipad.. XAOMI makes it. you could imagine the laughter afterwards. It's not the brand and where it's made, it's the copycat design the copycat screen the copycat resolution.. I mean if you take only the design it truly looks like an iPad... I guess they should've named iF@rt.
52. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Why you are so upset if xiomi adopted the name Mipad? My phone's name is Myphone bcoz its my phone... why people will laugh?? and let them laugh, its their right to feel happy or laught at about something if they want to. Dont be so insecure about what people will think, come onnnn be a mature guy, people can think whatever they can think and they are free to think whatever they want to think, its not your problem, you cant put ban on people's thinking.... this mipad sounds to be a great device and sounds to be a nice effort put to fruit by xiomi... dont buy it if you are feeling so insecure and totally lack confidence on yourself n care what people think instead of caring what you think
27. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaooooooooooo MiPad. these chinese brands are terrible hahahaha. hey guys i bought myself a MiPad.
43. Takeharu (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
You have no idea what you're talking about.
44. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
oh yes I do. man they copied the screen the resolution the design the size the aspect ratio .. even the way apple lists the mini 2 on it's website .. this is truly shameful .. these guys have no pride, I mean there are lots of good designs why photocopy an iPad?
45. Takeharu (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Xiaomi has more pride than Apple. But since it copied the display and uses bright colors it is already a copycat? How does that make sense? Yeah Miui looks kind of similar to IOS, I can't deny that. But I'll buy this Mipad any day over the iPad mini because it's running Miui. Miui is Android so gives you all the freedom you want with some good, tablet-friendly design. And the reason they chose the iPad mini design is simple, it is still the best looking tablet around!
47. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
it's the same design, the same display size, the same ratio and the same way apple markets it's products. just go to apple.com and see the website. hell yeah xaomi and the pride. pride with being a copy cat? where's the pride in copying others? and naming it MiPad.. like wow lmao
48. Takeharu (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
So an aspect ratio and screen size matter really that much? Okay, then I guess Oppo can sue all other phone manufacturers by copying the 5" 1080p screen? I mean, the Oppo Find 5 was the first 1080p phone so then you could say Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc, also copied the Oppo Find 5. Bullsh*t! Screen size and aspect ratio are not copyrighted or anything so it shouldn't matter! Besides, Xiaomi has made many phones that in no way resemble an other brand so they aren't copycat's. Apple on the other hand has lost it's pride with releasing the same sh*t every year and overpricing their products.
54. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Hmmm... I think your dad work in apple?? right? Dont worry everything will be ok, I can feel your pain
53. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Brands are terrible or you are terrible with useless n senseless bashing?
33. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
hahahaha. i took a screenshot and sent it to friends. it truly made our day. welcome to china
55. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
So you should atleast appreciate xiomi for making your day... so you are grateful to them? han?
60. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Yes I am always grateful to them and other brands. they make me laugh from time to time
36. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Lmao they even copied some of the ways Apple lists it's Mini 2 on it's website. they're unbelievable.