Windows Phone Marketplace up to 90,000 apps
The latest breakdown of the Windows Phone Marketplace by WP7Applist.com shows that 66% of all apps in the Marketplace are free, with 23% being paid apps and 11% listed as a trial. The leading category, with 17% of apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace is "entertainment," with "tools and productivity" a close second with 15% of the pie. "Games" comes in third with a 13% share of the apps in the Marketplace.
source: WP7Applist.com via WMPoweruser
1. joeymk posted on 14 May 2012, 18:29 15 7
it's not just apps, there are A LOT of quality apps also.
4. Carlitos posted on 14 May 2012, 19:57 5 2
Oh i thought they were at 90,000 apps like by the beginning of this year. Doing good, job adding apps, but still a far cry at the level Android and IOS are going.
7. CellularNinja posted on 14 May 2012, 20:49 7 2
haha I don't get why you would hate any platform? It's one thing to not prefer it or not like the way it's interface is or it's functionality. . . But to hate windows becuase you just don't like Microsoft doesn't make any sense. And I'm not a windows lover myself. But I certainly don't agree with people bashing it for the sake of bashing it.
8. simplyj posted on 14 May 2012, 22:15 0 2
Seems like the number of apps growing is slowing down. That's not good.
9. x7black7x posted on 14 May 2012, 22:24 6 2
no. of apps is growing slowly but they all are quality apps
10. jtech posted on 14 May 2012, 22:44 6 0
I'm happy for the platform. Hopefully it reaches 150,000 by the end of the year
11. Jyakotu posted on 14 May 2012, 23:17 4 0
I'm glad to see Windows Phone progressing, especially in the app department. I'm seriously considering switching from Android to Windows Phone, so I'm hoping Sprint will at least add a WP8 device later this year. I upgrade in December, so here's hoping a Nokia WP gets added. :)
12. Cyan3boN posted on 14 May 2012, 23:39 1 1
comeon windows phone, reach 200k soon and you'll be my next darling.
13. aneelamdani posted on 15 May 2012, 00:39 0 0
are you dependent on apps. what if it reaches 300k, will you marry it?
14. Bluesky02 posted on 15 May 2012, 02:49 3 0
Even if there're 1 Millions apps. I would probably use 50 to 100 of them. The most important for me is productivity apps. Somehow good job
15. AndrewRamirez posted on 15 May 2012, 04:03 3 0
Hmmm.... I'm starting to like Windows Phone because of this.. Keep it up!! I might replace my Android phone in the future with one. :)